Builds 1985 JDM 3B Engine Rebuild and Other Stories (10 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scored a 1PZ/R151F/BF1A driveline. Going to swap that sucker in while I develop the plan of attack on a later 2UZ swap.

You may like the 1PZ , it will be a bit peppier than the 3B

Hi, does this mean I'll be able to tow my raft with the 70? I know bad wheelbase for towing and blah blah blah but wouldn't it be fun?

View attachment 2664664

Pic for reference. Thanks for considering and have a good night.

Hello,

You will be able to tow your raft and more.

You will absolutely love 200+ HP under the hood. Plenty of power on the road. Off road, L4, second gear and just a little throttle will get you almost anywhere. Ask me how I know.

Make sure the swap includes the 4WD ECU. There is room for it above the ash tray.

I bet you will not want to drive anything else.

Time for you and Onur to get another 70 Series, I presume.

Juan

Last edited:
would be a good place to use that spare turbo. pretty close is displacement btwn the 3B and 1PZ
Yet another indirect injection engine that does not lend its self to a turbo. All he'd gain is one more piston to fry.

I missed this at the start but what a wild ride, got super excited seeing all the new parts then crushed when that bearing cap broke.

In hindsight with the history of the rollover and the first cracked bearing cap it would have been worth doing a mag particle test on each one. I bet you would find signs of fatigue on each of them.

Repowering is always a hard choice, a 2uz for me would take away from the style and feel of the cruiser. But I know diesel options are limited and parts not easy to come by over there. Would be awesome to see a modern crd engine like the 1gd but that is a massive undertaking.

I think that the rollover might have been the cause of the second broken cap too.. Just saying but if the lub oil fill the under part of the piston when trying going down, it's kind of a reverse water lock? May have bend the crankshaft... Would be interesting to see the crank on a V block and get round out measurement.

An RCA tear down will be forth coming.

All good points to consider from engineering POV.

I have paying work in front of me first. :)

And people who have paid for parts off the engine. ;)

DDCF9F22-6912-47CE-9407-A377ABFEA2FC.jpeg
C5F184E0-095F-448F-AEBD-9C98468A5A20.jpeg
876B7A04-E651-4D68-9E3F-A7DD6902CD0F.jpeg

Has that "Boeshield" T-9 been referenced in other posts? is it good stuff? in #1292 above.

I don't about other references but I've used that stuff on cast iron table saw tops with GREAT results. Something to do with Boeing and aircraft parts.......

Looks like #2 moved a bit too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom