Builds 1985 JDM 3B Engine Rebuild and Other Stories (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
And the bumper fabrication is completed and installed.

Next to mess with this tire carrier kit. I’m sure it’s going to be just as fun as the bumper was to get fit...

Once the carrier is completed, everything goes to powder.

Rear view:
View attachment 2364539

LH side:

View attachment 2364540

RH side:
View attachment 2364541
View attachment 2364546
View attachment 2364547

Onur, I feel you pain on this one. I purchased this same kit for my SWB cruiser ('89 BJ-73). I knew some modifications would need to be made, but the issue with the bottom plate (frame rail) mounting points and complications from leaf springs really spins this project into a new dimension of frustration, and none of it was disclosed by the company. I have yet to begin the fabrications, but I may play around more with how to modify the bottom plates to fit to the shortened sides. I plan to mount all the rear plates, then use stenciled out cardboard for dummy side pieces and play around with things. Good work, nonetheless. It looks great and I don't suppose finding a mounting point for the side/bottom plates is totally necessary, though it would be nice!

The tire carrier is going to be a nightmare for fabrication because the bumper needs to be completely redone to include tail lighting.

I’ll be selling this bumper sometime next year. It’s a complete let down for what my purposes were. It will work for someone else looking for a robust rear bumper only.

Best of luck to you man and safe travels. These are just regrowing pains, maybe we will catch you at SAS.

Safe travels! We may be passing through New York in late August in the 100. If you are around maybe we can sync up. Cheers!

The tire carrier is going to be a nightmare for fabrication because the bumper needs to be completely redone to include tail lighting.

I’ll be selling this bumper sometime next year. It’s a complete let down for what my purposes were. It will work for someone else looking for a robust rear bumper only.
KAYMAR. Case closed.
75 Series Troopy, modify brackets to suit. I'd do it again in a heartbeat. I love that bumper.

Hello from Pakistan, been following this thread with great interest, sorry things didn’t work out as planned but hopefully you’ll sort it out once you are back.

If possible could you email me the engine manual. I’m thinking of getting my 3b rebuilt.
Cheers
Ali

Hello from Pakistan, been following this thread with great interest, sorry things didn’t work out as planned but hopefully you’ll sort it out once you are back.

If possible could you email me the engine manual. I’m thinking of getting my 3b rebuilt.
Cheers
Ali

What type of a 3B do you have? With inline pump? With rotary pump? 3Bii engine? What platform is it in?

What type of a 3B do you have? With inline pump? With rotary pump? 3Bii engine? What platform is it in?
Hi..
It’s a 3b engine but the top cover is not like yours, “new 3b” is the jargon used here, yes it has a rotary pump with 4speed gear.
Cheers

Hey Beno,
Do you have the part number for the special bolt used in the tilt steering rebuild? Is it 45897-14010? Or is it 45897-12030?
Thanks

B4D1C7EB-B462-4DC7-BA5E-04094E9A18F2.jpeg

@Onur did you ever dive back into this to see what is going on? Or did I miss that somewhere?

I did.

Just an over-pressurization of the entire engine when I ran that blew out the turbo oil seals when the engine was working against the braking system.

New turbo installed and all has been good so far.... About 1000kms. Need to do a final break in oil change.

Blew out the oil in the exhaust system...

00D71A63-FD70-4664-8F6F-8AF0DA324642.jpeg
CA56F29F-92CB-4B16-AD07-1F9EC46FC49E.jpeg

Oil pressure good at idle.

7EFC509D-1FEB-4D59-A32D-21CF4FC8AD4C.jpeg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom