Builds 1985 JDM 3B Engine Rebuild and Other Stories (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it’s gonna be a top mount on a 70 series, it needs to be super slim-line.... 2.5” or less in thicknes.

would you consider doing a front mount air to air or are you limited on space for piping and the cooler with the front mount option

would you consider doing a front mount air to air or are you limited on space for piping and the cooler with the front mount option

I just don’t want to chop through the radiator core support ... that would have to happen for an A-2-A IC. No way around it.

Lemonade...

2400FE7B-EEE6-4591-BF91-800BE0D33E2B.jpeg
FFAB6C54-2518-4B25-AB83-E38D072CE4B6.jpeg

Just because I’m a glutton for punishment...

View attachment 2362268

Had to weld ARB to frame because there was not enough material to bolt it to...

Awesome. Story of my life today. Un-f***ing BS from others.

On the bright side that grill is looking really nice. I didn’t think I’d be a fan of the updated look with the ARB but it is a lot cleaner looking than the mesh grill.

On the bright side that grill is looking really nice. I didn’t think I’d be a fan of the updated look with the ARB but it is a lot cleaner looking than the mesh grill.

I admit that I am more of a "toyota" grill kind of guy that but grill does look sharp in all black.

Bumper looks awesome, matches that good looking bike behind it! ;)

I applaud anyone who fabricates for a living...

Over a decade ago when I was doing my PhD, I worked in a fabrication shop on the side for money and a different way of viewing the world vs. my office on the 6th floor of the library and dealing with college kids.

I learned how to operate a nice Japanese Aida stamping machine, a Trumpf 2-pallet nitrogen laser cutter and various bending/shearing machines.

But the thing I remember and learned the most was watching my good friend Tim @landwagon grind and weld. He is master; phenomenal control over the MIG and TIG interfaces.

I’ve been running my welds by him. He says I’m doing good. So I’m running with it. :)

Ive modified the side top plates and welded them in. Things are coming together...

It’s just metal... we can outthink it.

:)

I had to take 7.5” inches off the sides to get things lined up better and make it work.

78154D25-2920-4622-9C2A-F580B3BC3AD3.jpeg

B429DD4C-4949-452F-B1AA-B0A4CBDA6C41.jpeg

F6C8FF70-1D44-45AE-A055-E3D1E46E9741.jpeg

Want a custom intercooler? I can make whatever you want, just send me dimensions. I'd go air-to-air, I've never understood the fascination with A2W on this forum.
It's just a core support. It's just metal!

Enough metal for one day.

View attachment 2362639
Looking good..... The rear bumper I made recently is a uglier, simpler version of what you are doing, but we do have angled body-hugging Rock sliders for the rear quarters in common. If you remove it from the truck to complete Welds 360 for strength and then bolt back on. Be careful about heat shrinking steel and drawing your rock sliders inward causing clearance problems.

Looking good Onur. That rear bumper thing sucks bad, you'll feel good when it's done though. I can get detailed pics of what is needed to be taken out of the rad support for a front mount air to air if you like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom