Builds 1985 JDM 3B Engine Rebuild and Other Stories (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
hmmm...So I heard new turnsignals and grill and I was prepared to not like it.
I was wrong. :cool: Now I'm going to talk with my friend who gets Toyota discounts

hmmm...So I heard new turnsignals and grill and I was prepared to not like it.
I was wrong. :cool: Now I'm going to talk with my friend who gets Toyota discounts

You will need an HS-7 for parts release if you are intending to get the grille. No other way to procure in the US.

Is having a valid HS-7 a gateway to getting non-US parts through Toyota in general??

Not that there’s anything I have in mind for my HJ47, but that would be an interesting avenue.

Is having a valid HS-7 a gateway to getting non-US parts through Toyota in general??

Not that there’s anything I have in mind for my HJ47, but that would be an interesting avenue.

If you are interested in sourcing non-US parts that are available in the US Japan warehouse (NAPCC), then your dealer will need to provide proof that the vehicle is here legally in the US.

The dealer will send this documentation into a Parts Expediter in Plano,TX who will then verify with the DOT and your state DMV that the vehicle is legit.

Once that’s done, you get your parts.

That’s if your relationship with your dealer is one where they go to bat for you. If they dismiss you, well, I’d find a dealer parts department that advocates for you and wants your money.

Last edited:
Some folks were asking about the space available behind the grille.

It’s a decent amount. The radiator for the intercooler does not touch the back of the grille at all.

326418AA-F337-4263-A18B-EAE1671BA435.jpeg
435BDD25-4180-4F91-A56E-A86492DB36B1.jpeg

Hood insulator
The hood insulator is readily available through normal US procurement from Toyota. Though not cheap. Comes with a nice section of fire-resistant shield that goes right on top of the turbo... as if it was meant for a 70 series with a factory turbo. This is a mystery to me. Assumption is was for 13B-T powered trucks. Those were the only ones put into 7x trucks with a factory turbo before the introduction of the 1VD-FTV in 2007.

63629493-FF32-4C6C-8644-C5F8C9F85620.jpeg

4B7413CD-80AD-4157-855B-63A91BE78449.jpeg

New wiper nozzles...

CDBF430C-5AA8-4675-AF0E-046BB524EFF8.jpeg

And newly painted hood...

B5D7E766-67F3-4FB9-8F4C-9B4A2AB6D54B.jpeg

Install completed.

B12F5B76-15D2-46F3-8C69-7CCFDCC42813.jpeg

I want one of the hood insulators...I don't want to pay that price :rofl:

it's on the some day parts list. I hope this thread never gets deleted, there are so many good part numbers!

I want one of the hood insulators...I don't want to pay that price :rofl:

it's on the some day parts list. I hope this thread never gets deleted, there are so many good part numbers!

I’ve generally deleted all of my build threads after they have been completed.

Better start writing numbers down.

Like a beautiful mandala getting swept away, Onur trying to force impermanence on us!

Haven't seen your other build threads but this one is too good to delete.

Interesting on that hood insulator. My hdj79 has it's original one and it doesn't have that heat shield patch on it.

Would make a nice coffee table book. Zen and the art of 3B, by Onur-san.

:meh:

In the grand scheme of things, it’s just a truck.

It’s just a thing. As disposable as the next thing.
And with that simple statement nobody on mud ever heard from him again, shame :lol:

Also I gotta know, what's that part number below your mud handle? I can't find it. :lol:

Some folks were asking about the space available behind the grille.

It’s a decent amount. The radiator for the intercooler does not touch the back of the grille at all.

View attachment 2358467View attachment 2358468
That's really cool. I'm looking forward to hearing about your EGT decrease numbers with the universal bullet style intercooler and if you can get it to fit under the hood. After install of my OME springs and increase in vehicle height by 2.5"(air resistance) my EGT's are high more often than I like.

:meh:

In the grand scheme of things, it’s just a truck.

It’s just a thing. As disposable as the next thing.

I call phooey on this!

I copied this some time back into a special quotes file I keep. It resonated with me in many ways... I hope there's still a little bit of this left in you. ;)

"This isn't a ****ing hobby. This is the lens through which I see my entire world. Driving and living Land Cruisers is in fact life. It is vitality in the bull**** world that everyone else wants us to buy into. Land Cruisers are the way the world should be. We are just the lucky ones to realize it."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom