Builds 1985 JDM 3B Engine Rebuild and Other Stories (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
you can try to soften up the washers if you don't have extra by hitting them with a torch, good trick to use for proof of concept diag and you can replace them later. is there maybe a crack in the fitting that's leaking and not the gaskets?

you can try to soften up the washers if you don't have extra by hitting them with a torch, good trick to use for proof of concept diag and you can replace them later. is there maybe a crack in the fitting that's leaking and not the gaskets?

Yeah, I can anneal them as stop-gap. And thinking about doing so.

I really hope the fitting isn’t cracked. They are long discontinued.

I’m just stepping away a bit to get som clarity.

Yeah, I can anneal them as stop-gap. And thinking about doing so.

I really hope the fitting isn’t cracked. They are long discontinued.

I’m just stepping away a bit to get som clarity.

if it is that fitting is it possible to change to more of a banjo bolt fitting or are you going to have to piece some more standard sized an fittings? I would hit the washers to anneal them, easy enough and quick process.

if it is that fitting is it possible to change to more of a banjo bolt fitting or are you going to have to piece some more standard sized an fittings? I would hit the washers to anneal them, easy enough and quick process.

The fitting is a banjo style but it is a stud vs. a bolt. I have been thinking about the fitting. Since most VE4/6 Denso pumps are pretty much all very similar, I cross-referenced the fittings and there are a couple of different styles.... That said, I intuited that the gaskets are the same and they were so I went ahead and ordered one from a 1HZ and one from a 1KZ-T engine with rotary pumps. I can always modify the fittings to make a new one work.

The fitting is a banjo style but it is a stud vs. a bolt. I have been thinking about the fitting. Since most VE4/6 Denso pumps are pretty much all very similar, I cross-referenced the fittings and there are a couple of different styles.... That said, I intuited that the gaskets are the same and they were so I went ahead and ordered one from a 1HZ and one from a 1KZ-T engine with rotary pumps. I can always modify the fittings to make a new one work.

at least theres a work around, is that the feed line from the tank into the ip and what kind of pressures are on that line im assuming lower pressure

at least theres a work around, is that the feed line from the tank into the ip and what kind of pressures are on that line im assuming lower pressure

Yes, it’s the inlet. Come from fuel filter which has line feeding it from tank.

It’s definitely low pressure.

Yes, it’s the inlet. Come from fuel filter which has line feeding it from tank.

It’s definitely low pressure.

so then if needed to switch to a banjo bolt it would be easy to swap lines if that was necessary. maybe not ideal but less complicated then one of the high pressure lines coming off of the pump to the injectors

I swapped to some different copper gaskets I had lying around. Slightly large....

But still the same results... fawk me.

371625C6-DC2C-42D3-9F3D-7FD88E3E5587.jpeg

When you annealed the old washers did you happen to check flatness, sanding them on 320 or 400 grit on glass or granite? Worst case, if the other model engines gaskets don't fit there is always McMaster Carr which has a good selection of metric copper crush gaskets.

Damn, that is so cool to see and what a great execution; an inspiration to us all !

Will miss you at Rubithon, hope to see the truck someday....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom