Builds 1985 JDM 3B Engine Rebuild and Other Stories (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just joking. They are sending via FX so I should have in just a couple of weeks after manufacture.

I know. I was also although my reply did seem serious and wasn't meant to be.

I did place the order for mine on Feb 19th and received them on Jun 11th. The long lead time was mostly because of the virus shutting down everything in late Feb / early March plus they said they made some parts after the order was placed.

Kristin from Equipt1 who I ordered the covers through was very good about keeping me updated along the way.

I know. I was also although my reply did seem serious and wasn't meant to be.

I did place the order for mine on Feb 19th and received them on Jun 11th. The long lead time was mostly because of the virus shutting down everything in late Feb / early March plus they said they made some parts after the order was placed.

Kristin from Equipt1 who I ordered the covers through was very good about keeping me updated along the way.

I ordered direct through Escape in ZA.

Onur,
How far are you away from firing her up? This has become so much more than an engine overhaul. Amazing to watch.

Onur,
How far are you away from firing her up? This has become so much more than an engine overhaul. Amazing to watch.

Hopefully next week Larry.

First body shop screwed me and said they were doing work on my parts. 1 month later nothing.

Furious.

Picked up my parts yesterday and took to another body shop.

I am hoping to get those parts back by Monday and have the critical fender skirts installed so I can hook up all of the wiring/batteries and start it up.

Heater hoses
Small things today as I putter around watching the clouds roll by... a project like this can kill someone with only the small things one has to do.

Hoses attached:

The hose coming out of the heater core and going to the heater valve is discontinued (I bought the last one in 2015).

So pondered a bit and thought one from an HZJ75 would work. I was correct—bend is perfect to mate the heater core tube with the heater valve:

94F3DDAB-211B-474F-97BE-2BC91BFCA859.jpeg

Then the 90* hose for the head. I use the hose from a 2F engine. Perfect bend and just needs a bit cut-off on either end to line them up correctly:

2724B156-4AE1-44FE-A075-D9DDEA4EF560.jpeg
6ECF8056-3BF1-4EFE-89D9-4DC48F80F294.jpeg

And finally some 96112-10250 25mm hose clamps to finish this side off.

32809EC5-A2E2-4E09-B3BC-5C50E1700F36.jpeg

I wanted the later HDJ79 headlamps. Black-out style.

Will need to change out the grille to the later style grille and will need to change connectors and bulbs. Otherwise, they are a direct fit to the fender.

View attachment 2344274View attachment 2344275View attachment 2344276View attachment 2344277View attachment 2344278
I wanted to go that route but already traded out the plastic grill for the metal “TOYOTA” grill. Also already bought new market lights. Now budget says no more changing things, just get it done. Although that may change when you got your back together with the upgraded look.

I wanted to go that route but already traded out the plastic grill for the metal “TOYOTA” grill. Also already bought new market lights. Now budget says no more changing things, just get it done. Although that may change when you got your back together with the upgraded look.

Or I might have some spare turn signal assemblies for you. ;)

one good thing about these masks we gotta wear....
catches the drool from the window licker stare i'm gunna have seeing this rig in person!

F@$K yeah bro!

You should really paint the tub before you start putting it back together. Just sayin'. :idea:

You should really paint the tub before you start putting it back together. Just sayin'. :idea:

Not happening now. Tub waits till winter.

Unless you are paying....

Didn’t think so.

I am unemployed and paying for all of this with my blood, sweat and tears. Didn’t know these items were worth anything till now.

I have all of the parts to renew the rear quarters, rockers, sills, rear wheel wells, etc. All OEM (except for the RH rear quarter which is aftermarket from Joeri).

1075038F-94A2-4A3E-8722-D2AF0CC70A0C.jpeg

And those are the only parts of the body not being addressed this time around.

9597A277-CBCB-4E9E-B1F5-1F4B676143DD.jpeg

96AEBC50-83F5-4E1E-8311-46B3D6BF608A.jpeg

A6CE4933-266E-4E97-820F-1E477409507C.jpeg

Truck is a Japanese bondo special. :rolleyes:

I’ll get around to these things this winter. Hopefully when I have a J-O-B again.

Doors are going into paint on Weds. Windshield frame, hood, and misc brackets went to paint today.

FD1D7F6A-6F2D-445E-89B9-A3AB0518ABBB.jpeg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom