Builds 1985 JDM 3B Engine Rebuild and Other Stories (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fill-pipe..... Interestingly enough, the part number on this pipe supersedes by one number from -60200 to -60201. Doing this requires the cap to change to a plastic version vs. the metal iteration found originally.

View attachment 2316973View attachment 2316974View attachment 2316975

When procuring parts for this project in 2016, I bought both the original hose as well as the hose that is meant for the superseded later tank. I was not sure which one would work. Looks like there is very little variation between the two beyond some slight bends that are different between the two. The ID and OD remain the same and the length is almost exactly the same as well. These hoses are also manufactured by Toyoda Gosei (as are most of the fuel related components):

View attachment 2316976

Doesn't look like a hose to me, but ok Toyota.

View attachment 2316977

You need a new hand-model bad. :flipoff2:

Today was a break from the truck. Doesn’t mean I didn’t work like a Turk...

My wife hired two of her former students to come up to drill holes with an auger. Easy to say, not so easy to do when the entire property is basically a rock quarry. Bent the hell out of the auger digging 17 3ft holes.

Every one had to be concreted in as well.

00950BE7-40F7-43BB-A111-00C02281DF42.jpeg
1FE3A9D9-1FF0-4877-A610-14A680826580.jpeg
06439473-3659-403A-8F06-2E8BD9CD17C4.jpeg
C450A014-DB38-45D7-8E12-909D4E258802.jpeg
85709AAE-668F-4503-BBF8-51FE2340FA1F.jpeg

so did the 3B vehicles come with a fuel pickup/return as standard? got to try and figure out what I am going to do about the fuel return on the 2H to 12HT swap. mine only has a fuel pickup.
I swapped a 4BT into a chevy pickup once. I put a T in the fuel line between the IP and the tank. I plugged the fuel return into that T with no ill effects. I had a universal electric fuel pump as the "lift Pump" as there was no pump in the tank. It was fairly low pressure.

A certain, recent James Bond lives on our road and has a bonafide Toyota truck problem.

I'm willing to bet my husband thinks this truck will lure him in.

Even James Bond needs a Cruiser expert.
Recent, as in currently occupying the role, or recent as in retired from it? Pierce or Daniel just went up a notch in our collective estimations.

Hard to say but I bet there is blue troopy running in his mind all night!!

Sleep deprivation induced hysteria?

He took a shower this afternoon.

Then, after dinner, I noticed how filthy his hands were. He laughed and shrugged his shoulders and smiled at his hands, exactly as though their filth was a thing that happened without his permission, beyond his own agency.

true on the hand filth - That fence project (sweet looking BTW!) probably had his hands the cleanest - nothing cleans your hands like dirt!

Hi Ian: I’m installing a new cylinder bracket and cylinder with key. So I will have a new ignition cylinder.

I have new cylinders coming in for the front two doors, back door, glove compartment and the fuel door.

I will leave the glove compartment door it’s own key.

I will then have all of the lock cylinders keyed by a locksmith to my ignition cylinder.

I might be missing the obvious here but why not buy the oem kit that replaces all locks including glove box ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom