Builds 1985 JDM 3B Engine Rebuild and Other Stories (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wife came home yesterday and said the oil light was on. We had both noticed it flickering over the past few days. So it was really weird that it was on solid.

I’m just in awe of the fact that you found a wife who reliably reads the gauges on a vehicle. Bravo @Onur!

#4 crank journal doesn’t look to bad. All things considered.

DF576989-B7FA-4953-8374-A91D90B42587.jpeg
2145FCD4-B67C-4D71-BD25-775F7B40D3D3.jpeg

“This is what happens when you find a stranger in the Alps!”

best TV censored line EVER.

Go time.

At this point, finding a bearing cap will be impossible or will take a ton of time.

To do it correctly means another engine build.

Yeah, I’m not spending a penny more on an anemic 3B (even with the Garrett on it).

At this point, run it with 4 mains and run it till it dies. So be it.

In that case, don't waste that 44011 on it.
Screenshot_2021-05-01 Ford Oil Filter.png

At this point, finding a bearing cap will be impossible or will take a ton of time.

Yeah, I’m not spending a penny more on an anemic 3B (even with the Garrett on it).

That sounds good and all, but with no oil pressure, how do you expect the rest of it to last? I would not drive it past the end of the driveway, and that's from someone who would love to see you drive it back out west. It's done.

Just step away from it for 3 months. Make your plan, and do it. There are no cheap options. So pick the best option. Maybe ship it to Cameron for a 5.3, or get a good 1HZ and don't turbo it, or my #1 rec-sell the remains, and buy a running 80. Seriously. That will be cheaper and more satisfactory in the long run. And RHD-who wants that?

4 out of 5 is still a B, that’s a passing grade, right?

Check with crusher, was just at his place and he had some 3b's still. May have a scrapped one to steal a cap from. Could see for you this week, just pm if so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom