Builds 1985 JDM 3B Engine Rebuild and Other Stories (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm enjoying this thread immensely.

I haven't seen where the odd noises are coming from yet. I'd suspect pump.

Hi Bruce: Thanks sir.

The pump was completely rebuilt about 140K KMs ago, doesn’t leak. Why do you think the pump might be suspect?

Onur, this is incredible stuff!
Most is way beyond me, but I am riveted to find out what is inside my beloved dog 3B!

Onur- can you comment on the material removed between the valves on your new head? I'd suspect that magic would be important to leave in place, but obviously I'm wrong. Thoughts?

Nevermind... i was thinking of the space between the precup and valve. The OEM head has the same material removed, so very obviously wrong on my part. Nothing to see here...

Onur- can you comment on the material removed between the valves on your new head? I'd suspect that magic would be important to leave in place, but obviously I'm wrong. Thoughts?

I will be removing the material inside of of the head where the casting connects to where the valve interfaces with the bottom of the valve opening.

It won't be much material, but one needs to be careful. I'll be going very slowly and being very precise.

Subscribed, this is gonna be good!

Hi Bruce: Thanks sir.

The pump was completely rebuilt about 140K KMs ago, doesn’t leak. Why do you think the pump might be suspect?
I’m just generally leery of rotary pumps. As Dom from Zambia says “ inline Toyota pumps will move concrete”. Also, most of what people identify as ‘diesel sound’ is actually pump and injector lines. Its why the P7100 pump on the 90s Dodge trucks was so identifiable.

I’m just generally leery of rotary pumps. As Dom from Zambia says “ inline Toyota pumps will move concrete”. Also, most of what people identify as ‘diesel sound’ is actually pump and injector lines. Its why the P7100 pump on the 90s Dodge trucks was so identifiable.

Well, I’m stuck with a rotary pump and sure as sh/t not changing things now.

Thanks though.

I am enjoying every moment and looking forward to more updates on your rebuild. Very interesting yet very informative also. I'm glad you took the right road to change your head to a new one.👍

If I was to ever become an armed robber it would not be banks that I would be :rofl:😆looking at.

Azeri.

Since, after dinner, you hurry down to the garage to spend most of your evening there, I may not get a chance to ask you this.

So I thought I should just ask you here:

When will this truck be up and running again?

Ballpark is fine.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

BAZINGA!

Azeri.

Since, after dinner, you hurry down to the garage to spend most of your evening there, I may not get a chance to ask you this.

So I thought I should just ask you here:

When will this truck be up and running again?

Ballpark is fine.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Is dinner ready yet?

:flipoff2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom