Builds 1985 JDM 3B Engine Rebuild and Other Stories (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's the benchmark. :idea:
beauty.jpg

Not to derail this thread, but how rare are the 45's? It seems that truck has everyone weak in the knees.
I would say that Onur may not be OSHA approved.

Answered, now back to our regular program. Told Onur I got my 3 B manual out to be able to follow and figure out what the hell he is doing. Tons of learning here!!

Not to derail this thread, but how rare are the 45's? It seems that truck has everyone weak in the knees.
I would say that Onur may not be OSHA approved.
Basically, someone just dropped their well loved Fender Stratocaster off with Jeff Beck for a "tune-up". 😎

Welding is a skill I would love to rekindle from the old FFA days. Very helpful for those that tear s*** up!

Fuel tank installation
Fuel tank was a tough one due to very little working space. Obviously, at the factory the body is off the truck when the fuel tank and lines are installed. It’s a rolling chassis when these parts are installed.

Doing it with the body on blows. Hard.

First the filler neck:

Original tank had 3 pipes and filler neck. Replacement has 2 and filler neck. One had to be welded shut...

E81F8EEE-A88A-4DD2-838D-B4F9EE0A0789.jpeg

2225A167-AD31-456F-8717-38028D386F71.jpeg

9FD28779-4553-490C-878B-C1358519D148.jpeg

687FC967-3785-4DF6-8AF6-DC4F7C1AAA74.jpeg

Installed. Recommend loosely bolting mounting bolt till most of the hoses are in place then hard bolting it and doing the remainder of the hoses.

Doing this one person would have been brutal. Two people was still brutal.

DE0D853E-0059-410E-9DE0-CB04CBF98D11.jpeg

Hay Alex, Onur said come up.
You know what, I just might...
You guys are moving right along!!
Dayum, my s*** is in shambles in the garage....again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom