1985 HJ60 condensor (capacitator) question. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

hj 60

JT1W0HJ6000960839
Threads
Website
www.tapatalk.com
EDIT: dont read on, ignore this, the condensor is just a noise filter, not important.:flush:

Just to find out what this little thing does some options and questions, spend a day trying to find answers as I have a new alternator but it does not have a new condensor and I dont trust the old one.
Next to the voltage regulator in the fender there is a new type Noise filter? : in the wiring diagram that thing is called a Noise filter.

-condensor=condenser=capacitor=noise filter?
-how to (simple...) test for fault?
I dont understand these tests at the moment: How to Test a Capacitor? 4 Ways to Check a Capacitor - Electrical Technology

-what type (specifications) did nippon denso use in different alternators?
-difference in 12 and 24 Volt?
-what part can be ordered to replace original?, search for : Alternator Condenser
? Beru FK 216/13 2.2 uF (is that for 12Volt?)

Details about BERU Noise filter Anti interference capacitator 2,2µF RF Suppressor 0310000064:
BERU Noise filter Anti interference capacitator 2,2µF RF Suppressor 0310000064 | eBay

might fit but no longer available: Toyota Part No.: 90099-52066 CONDENSER, ALTERNATOR:
90099-52066 - Genuine Toyota CONDENSER, ALTERNATOR

looks the same: nla
TOYOTA DYNA 200
27350B 11CONDENSER, ALTERNATOR
90099-52066 1988.08 - 1991.06

http://toyota.7zap.com/en/gr/dyna/752350/yu62l-mdb/1/1903/mel012a/#27350B

nice old stock but is this 12V? NEW OLD STOCK CONDENSOR:
NEW CONDENSOR - 90099-52050 - TOYOTA CARINA & COROLLA & SPRINTER & CORONA 1970- | eBay

This might work but many variables to choose from, specs in pdf:
Elektrolytische condensator Radiaal bedraad 7.5 mm 2200 µF 25 V 20 % (Ø x h) 18 mm x 20 mm Europe ChemiCon EKY-250ELL222MM20S 1 stuks - conrad.nl | 001505564

I give up, this is for petrol only (ignition condensor):
http://www.euro4x4parts.com/toyota_...etrol_1980_1984/3_engine/I/ignition_condensor

usage?:
1-not important, only for radio noise so can do without (but why does toyota mentions specifically a noise filter and a condensor? (or is this an old and new FSM mixup?)
2-very important to eliminate voltage spikes that can damage the rectifier bridge.

Problem when broken (shorted out) ?
1-it can make ground contact and bypass rectifier bridge so draining battery?
2-recifier bridge is not protected to voltage spikes (ripple current) and can damage (then draining battery and not charging properly)?

What I use: (no IC regulator)
type sticker: 100210-2980
27030-68120
24V = 25 Amps
121000-1770
081000-1061

condensor in FSM:
file.php

Part were we get scared as it seems that when it is shorted and makes contact it by-passes the rectifier bridge: (?)

wiring condensor CH-3
file.php

then 1980, diodes scattered trough the wiring, condensEr next to regulator (wait, we call it a noise filter later? and also a condensOr) :smokin:
file.php

How it looks:
file.php

old has a better fittiing black connection cap than new:
file.php

no markings, no idea what it does besides me not fitting the new alternator :bang: :hmm:
file.php

Last edited:
You're overthinking it!
The capacitor (condensator in het Nederlands) on the Voltage Regulator acts as a noise filter for AM (Middengolf) radio reception.
Sometimes there is also one on the back of the alternator.
It's useless for FM reception but remember..... AM and FM was all there was in the good old days.
The capacitor "kills" the spark that is made by the contacts in the VR so that spark is not noticeable on AM reception.

If your truck was a gasser.... you'll have another capacitor on the distributor. Same function; kills the spark from the contact points.

Groeten uit een warm en zonnig Costa Rica / Greetings from a warm and sunny Costa Rica.

Rudi

Thanks a lot, maybe the headache is an overthinking indication ;) or lack of sunlight.

Anyway as soon as the new one is mounted I will take apart the old and FSM test the rectifier bridge (by remove / de-solder it)
So no hunt for a new condensor, nice :bounce:

we have condensors in stock, not physically the same but it does have the same specs. They're all the same actually, 2.2uf (keyboard doesn't have that weird u symbol)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom