For Sale 1985 FJ60 V8 5 Speed & much more…. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

**SOLD**

175,000 on chassis; ~12,000 on re-made TBI 350.

$5000. I’m open to reasonable offers. Not parting it out.

This cruiser has been in our family since 160K (almost 6 years). The 15K mileage has gone on it as daily driver the short distances around our small town, as well as short hauls to camp for the weekend here around Tahoe.

We now have a Tundra and I wish I could hang onto the 60, but it takes second seat our locked 80, so it’s now a 3rd vehicle. I cannot justify 3rd vehicle and I don’t have the room to keep it.

Most of the mods were done by the previous owners. I’ve rebuilt, redone or upgraded a LOT of that previous work, and there are still some items that remain on the list. I love to spend as much time as I can with my 2 young boys for the very important and obvious reasons… so there’s no time for the 60.

Yak horns are NOT included, sorry, too sentimental to let go. Long story.

A few pics below for ease on your browsers, and here’s link to ALL pics:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/87097922@N06/sets/72157631513310468

Motor Bits
Chevy 350 circa 1989. There was much tweaking of the 350 before I got the cruiser, and I’ve since re-made the whole thing once again. All of the immediately following items were done at the time of, or shortly after the head gasket started leaking around 163K miles.

-New heads and head gaskets, intake manifold gasket.
-Replaced all TBI bits, including all new sensors and ECM and chip (from 1990 van 5.7 manual tranny)
-New injectors, adjustable fuel pressure regulator and under hood fuel pressure gauge.
-New plugs, and high end wires with ceramic ends
-New coil, distributor and cap
-New custom exhaust into flowmaster 40 series muffler (nice rumble)
-New Painless wire harness
-New RamHorn headers
-New radiator
-New high output alternator
-New fan and clutch
-New water pump
-New Howell fuel pump and filter, with new rubber lines all the way to the tank.
-New master and slave cylinders for clutch
-New A/C pump and lines (system currently needs a charge)
-New belts and hoses

-New Starter (last year)
-ALDL to USB wire which is used to connect to laptop

Drive Train
-Toyota 5 speed transmission (H55F).
This tranny gives the truck lower ratios than the US stock 4 speed,
1st gear in the 5 speed is 4.843:1. In the stock US 4 speed is 3.555
-Ranger underdrive gear splitter (19 spline 17% lower).
-4.11 diffs
-Birfs serviced about 10K ago

Suspension
-2” Body lift
-Old Man Emu Springs 1.75”” lift
-Greaseable anti reverse shackles
-New tie rods, and ends at 163K
-About 2K miles ago:
New bushings
New OME Dakar heavy Add-a-leafs all the way around
New Old Man Emu Nitro Shocks and steering stabilizer.
Rides GREAT, esp loaded with a weekend’s worth of camp gear!

Other Bits
-Safari Snorkel and differential breathers
-40 Gal long range fuel tank
-Rear sliding windows with screens (few rips in the screens from our dog)

Exterior
-Bull bar front bumper (BURLY!), with 2” receiver
-Rear bumper (also BURLY) with, 2” receiver, 4 pin trailer plug, swing out tire carrier
-SUPER BURLY rock sliders (not shown). I took them off b/c I don’t need them, I like the weight savings, and now prefer how it looks without them. They are being sold with the truck.
-Bosche lights mounted to front bumper, 1 not working
-Aussie Mirrors (knock offs, not the real macoy)
-Diamond plate rocker panel guards
-Tinted windows, aftermarket. Tint on inside of window is rough and scratched in a few spots (from my kids and neurotic dog…), but all told it’s not bad.

-JT Outfitters 15” Alloy Wheels.
-BFG ATs (33x10.5x15) Well worn. Not much left on the 4 currently on the truck.
-All told I have 8 matching 33” BFGs and six matching 15” rims:
4 worn BFGs on the wheels currently on the truck
2 BFGs spares with 100% tread on matching wheels
2 well worn BFGs unmounted

So it only needs 2 more 33” BFG ATs to have a fresh new set, with plenty of spares…. Or setup with what ever you like….

-Body and paint are original, and OK. As you’ll see in some of the close up pics the paint is sun faded and blistery. Typical rust freckles on front panels under headlights from road mung, as well as some other minor spots that are easily fixed without major work. There are only a few rust spots which would need some work if one were to put a new paint job on the truck (hint hint); one spot is at the drivers rear sliding window area, another spot is at the drivers rear tail light, and one at the front passenger fender. There are a few dings, but only two significant dents (pictured), one in the rear tail gate, other rear in passenger rear lower quarter panel. The PO had riveted on some fender flares, which I removed, thus the holes in fender lips. Rain gutters have bends where a rack must have been previously caught on something. The under carriage rust is average for an 85 Cruiser.

Interior:
-Kenwood CD/Radio/USB-iPod/Pandora Controls
-Speakers powered by JBL Amplifier. My kids did a number on the speaker covers and the speakers, but they still pump out the tunes well.
-Grant steering wheel and spacer
-Rear heat works well
-Second rear heat switch in dash operates as kill switch removing power to the TBI computer.

-The interior is WELL above average. Dash has some significant cracks and holes, but this truck has had a new carpet kit (with wheel well pieces as well), AND has a set of new seat skins installed. All of that new carpet and seating was then covered by rubber floor kit and heavy duty seat covers, so all the brand new stuff underneath is… still, LIKE NEW. The drivers seat foam was replaced as well.

-The pics of front seats show with covers, and drivers seat with cover lifted. Back seats are pictured without covers.

-The front seat covers are now worn and faded with 10 years of use, but they are the HEAVY DUTY waterproof rubber backed covers from SOR, so they’re still in great useable condition. Back covers are still in excellent condition, as they were not tread upon much.

-The homemade center console was installed by PO, and reduced in size by me. It was on my list for replacement.

-Interior door panels are quite nice, only a few dings nicks or cracks. See pics

-Interior cargo light socket busted, but has not been replaced.

-Rear Cargo shelves can be set to high or low. The fabric on the wood shelf is a wreck from camping as well as our kids and neurotic dog (he’s a scratcher). That’s a cheap replacement. The high level setting allows milk crate storage underneath (ultra handy!). When the shelf is set to low level, with rear seat folded and extra board in place, it’s a full sleeping platform.

Items needing
-Injection chip should be custom flashed to make the TBI more efficient, as the chip is from the stock chevy 2500 donor, and the LC is currently over fueling. I’ve been tweaking the TBI all along, and it runs quite well now, esp at lower elevation, but I’m out of time to finish with the chip, or other remaining cosmetic items.
-The rear swing out carrier needs lock ring and a proper attachment, which would be some really simple welding.
-Tires are needed for any mud or snow driving, as the set on the truck now are WORN and would NOT do well in anything but dry conditions.

It’s a truck that’s got some character, guts, LC glory, and needs to be put to it’s best use: CRUISN!

Give me a call to discuss: 1.775.338.3952

ANDREW

Update 13-Sep: speedo cable out, ordering part to replace before sale. more pics requested, more pics shall come...

74-Cruiser.jpg

69-Cruiser.jpg

60-Cruiser.jpg

Last edited:
thanks ya'll. I almost shed a tear posting her up, but I know it's for the best :)

pmed how would it do cross country?

If I had space for anything, maybe. So, thanks for going there, but no trades.

Updated picture link, not sure why Flickr changed it.

10 MPG now, it's over fueling b/c the TBI chip needs tweaking, but once tweaked it will get 15 MPG, which is what I was getting before we did all the top end change over. Just don't have time to take the specs with ALDL-USB and send the chip off for flashing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom