For Sale 1985 FJ60 Susanville Ca (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 60 Series
I purchased this truck in Nevada in 2012. Overall it's a good solid driver for a 247,000 mile rig. I've done valve adjustment, carburetor rebuild, new exhaust/cat back, starter, clutch master cylinder, driver side window regulator, and scuff and repaint last year. Other than that, just regular oil changes and such. No rust on the body except a small spot on the passenger side rear quarter by the mud flap which was repaired by the local body shop during the repaint.
The chassis is solid, trans and transfer case shift smoothly, steering is tight, engine has good oil pressure with no cooling issues at all, and brakes stop great. This truck has been parked in my garage, when not driven, since I've owned it and spends more time there now because I just don't drive it that often.
Now for the issues. There is an oil leak looks to be coming from the rear main seal. Not a big one but its there. The smog pump locked up on me last summer so I gutted it out and bypassed the air injection system. EGR and all other components are still intact. It's had a slight exhaust leak ever since I've owned it, coming from either the rear manifold or J pipe. I can hear it but can't pin point exactly where. It seems to quiet down after the engine warms up. It also has the "herky jerky" throttle when cold which also goes away once she warms up.
I have a spare ABV valve, Aisan carburetor, and other misc. smog components I salvaged from a parts rig. It will need a functioning smog pump and the air injection hoses reconnected to pass emissions in California so I'm looking to sell out of state. A/C blew ice cold when I got it but not now and I removed the belt. I can put it back on. I'm asking $7,000.00. I'm not flipping this rig but looking to get another classic to play with.
85 toyota.jpg
85-1.jpg
85-11.jpg
85-14.jpg
85-8.jpg

Shot you a DM. I’ll take it if not already spoken for

Deposit sent. Finalize it in the next day or so. Scott's been a great guy so far - straight forward and honest!

Dang, missed another one. Happy to be third in line if the others change their minds.

Wow.

Fantastic deal. I look every day can't believe i missed this one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom