For Sale 1985 FJ60 near Biloxi, MS....$2500 OBO (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

**SOLD**1985 FJ60 Biloxi, MS

1985 FJ60 with 165k miles on the odometer. Bronze exterior/tan original interior. [STRIKE]$2500 OBO[/STRIKE] SOLD FOR $2000

MORE PICS OF UNDERCARRIAGE AND INTERIOR ADDED...

Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket

Owned since Nov 2002:

Been a family weekend/beach truck for the most part, but has made a few 100-mile interstate trips to & from LA. It is not a rusted out hulk; very solid front to back! NO KATRINA FLOODING! I've only gone off-road just to keep the 4WD system functional. I've never taken her into the mud.

I've replaced the following from 2002-2010:

Starter,
air pump,
clutch slave cyl,
fuel pump,
alternator ($150 NAPA Gold),
battery,
2" Ironman suspension (springs/shocks/bushings)
choke cable from cruiserparts,
hood latch cable,
hood insulation pad,
changed mudflaps,
replaced the ac/radio panel surround,
replaced the head rests with brown 85-era parts
added the console cupholder.
replaced the sunvisors,
rear washer bag and the radiator overflow bottle.
No tool bag but has jack and rods.
4X4 system works flawlessly in all modes; the dash light works accordingly (see pics).

Xtra hood latch, two closeable dash vents,, an extra overflow bottle, and an extra turn sugnal assembly to go with it.

Interior is stock except for the Sanyo cassette deck; the speakers work fine and were there when I bought the FJ. The fabric is in great shape, only the side vinyl/seat foam on driver seat bottom are worn.

Has two areas of rust, one behind each rear wheel that I covered in rust neutralizer 8 years ago (shown in pics).

There are dents and scratches, but it's no rust bucket. No underbody cancer.

Since the lift, there is a slight u-joint vibration around 30mph but is silent before/after.

When I bought the truck, it had a new toyota radiator, new manifold gasket, and paint marks on some of the vacuum lines. The engine was very clean, and the oil pan was spotless in contrast to the truck itself (pics), which made me suspect recent engine work before I got it.

The idle solenoid had the 3-wire mod. It does run a little rich, especialy in the morning, but all vacuum lines are there & probably original. A desmog was on the to-do list, then a carb rebuild or replacement if needed. The return spring in the ignition cylinder has been broken since I bought it; you have to move the key from START back to RUN once it starts. I never worried about it as the switch functions otherwise.

The exhaust is OEM Toyota and and in great shape, but there is a small leak that can be heard under acceleration. The rear wiper & washer works, but the tube that goes from inside to the rear window is broken. Years ago, I put 134 in the AC system, and it blew cold. Yesterday, I did the same and the system blew cold again. There is a leak somewhere, but the compressor is working very well.

I'm selling to buy an old muscle car, no other reason. I'll gladly take extra pictures of any area if requested.

I'd really like my FJ to go to someone who appreciates them and knows about them as well, but it'll sell to the first decent offer (even if I have to see it around town with blue sparco racing seats and a 4" tailpipe:grinpimp:).

She has a rebuilt MS title from a 2002 flood that got just over the seat bottoms; otherwise been a solid driver the last 8 years!

Removed the carpet & seats, removed/discarded the insulation backing under the carpet, simple greened the floors, pressure washed the carpet and scrubbed the interior before drying/reinstalling everything. Replaced the starter and fluids, changed the plugs/wires, and she was back on the road.

$2500 OBO

Last edited:
I'll be more than happy to take extra pics if there is something in particular you would like to see...just ask! I'll add them to the photobucket site...

TTT....PMs replied to, thanks!

If I was in your area I'd take it off your hands in a heart beat.

Sent you a PM LOfi....

I've had a couple of offers of $2000 but none have decided to buy at my counter offer.

In the sense of time vs money, I will accept $2000 to the first taker! I really need the money to buy my next project, so I'd rather lose a little to gain alot.

Will gladly show it to interested parties or their representatives....nothing to hide, just need to sell soon

Added more pictures of the interior and underside while the 60 was in the garage.....

TTT...seem to be getting more calls wanting to buy this for a teenager's first car than anything else!!

I guess nothing is more comforting than buying a new driver something that can't got over 65mph and takes forever to get there!! :)

Ad on Craigslist today...

SOLD.......to the first person that actually looked at and drove it!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom