1985 FJ60 Landcruiser New cylinder locks...doors, rear hatch, gas tank door...KEY TO EXISTING IGNITION KEY? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello...I have purchased new cylinder locks for the driver side door, rear hatch and gas tank door (still looking for passenger door locks these locks seem almost impossible to find). I want to confirm if these locks can be re-keyed to match my existing ignition key. Thanks!

If you're using the original key supplied with the vehicle when it was new, the bidding on the key (high & low spots) have likely worn beyond its original profile.
If the ignition key is worn, you don't want your other locks to work with it

@ToyotaMatt is your guy for this. Pull the passenger door lock cyl, give him the "K-Code" printed on that cyl (usually 4 digits off the lock IE: K1234) and he can re-key these to match your existing keys, cut you new keys, whatever you need. 👍

Thanks. Clicked on ToyotaMatt but got this message... "This member limits who may view their full profile." so I guess I can't connect with him.

If you're using the original key supplied with the vehicle when it was new, the bidding on the key (high & low spots) have likely worn beyond its original profile.
If the ignition key is worn, you don't want your other locks to work with it
Thanks. I`ll keep in mind that maybe I`ll need the one key for the ignition and one key for the door locks.

Thank you for the kind words & support ! :)

:cool:

old skool toyota 2.jpeg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

.png

DHL delivered a 3 liter plastic bucket to me Tuesday from Lithuania....
these are NOS first generation OEM Black plastic head TR-33 / Key blanks !

fit's
40 /55 / 60 / 62 series
1973-1990

the factory part # still eludes me , but not for long .....:D

Last edited:
Hello...I have purchased new cylinder locks for the driver side door, rear hatch and gas tank door (still looking for passenger door locks these locks seem almost impossible to find). I want to confirm if these locks can be re-keyed to match my existing ignition key. Thanks!

i replied to your PM in detail , look forward to working with you , and making it happen so you only need 1 single key code / Master Key that opens ALL 4 exterior Locks and works in the Ignition too .....:)

DSCN9905 (2).JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom