Builds 1985 FJ60 Gets a Holley Sniper EFI Setup (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So close to the end of the install! I've looked through the thread but can't quite find the answer.

For the switch ignition pink wire from the sniper, which wire in the engine bay is best, the black with yellow stripe? Any photos will be life saving

For the Sniper switched 12V I prefer the wire that was used to power the idle on the carburetor. Should be loomed through firewall by temp sensor wire

Ok I lied, I have this in the garage and went with the intank pump. I have to say it is a lot nicer to drive with the sniper.
Did you can an access hole in the cargo bed? My first pump failed after just a few months so I was glad I did. I blame the little Earl's filter for its demise. Now I run the larger GM style high pressure filter.

I third this option
@wngrog @MoaByte @cps432 thanks legends, working perfectly!

Added a photo of the wire for my 2F if anyone else comes asking.
IMG_8459.jpg

Amazing thread! Just wrapped up a Sniper install on my 85. Read all 56 pages of this thread the other day and came away with just one question. Here are my specs for the intro.
Full 2300 kit from Mosley with fuel pumps, harness, manifold spacer etc
2F running strong, tight and happy
Header
H55
Dizzy at 13*
A/C
OME lift 33 KO2
Bumpers, winch, rear locker, and other goodies
Lives at 6500 feet and wheel a lot in the mountains around 800 feet

Fully desmogged before the Sniper so no HAC or other nonsense. Now with the Sniper I'm down to just a few line:
the vac advance to the dizzy (front of sniper, driver side port)
PCV valve (t is capped where it used to go to HIC as that is deleted) running around back like factory to the manifold
Dizzy vent like factory, pulling vac from the manifold three prong gas intake out to VCV and then up to air cleaner

Now for the question. What is the consensus on where to dump the charcoal canister? I still have mine and it's working great. All factory layout so all I'm looking at is where to dump the hard line that goes around the back of the engine bay and comes up under the brake booster. From this thread it appears that some of you are dumping it in different places. Looks like these THREE options - I've seen the gas filter on the manifold, the left vac port on the FRONT of the sniper (valve cover side), and the port under the sniper that is down low right next to the valve cover. I suppose one could also dump it into the air cleaner as well, I'm still running with the factory air cleaner with those three intake ports right above the sniper.

So... thoughts?

PS @dustin i really like the vac actuated valve you have on the canister, going to look back and find that part. And I believe you are dumping to your gas filter on the manifold correct?

I still have not noticed any issues running it to weak vacuum at the air cleaner. Although once I filled up in the cool evening, drove 2 miles and parked. The next day was hot AH and gasoline pushed its way up the vent lines, filled the canister, and was siphoning onto the driveway. I will not make that mistake again.

Just ordered the Delco on amazon. pricey little bugger at $36 but in the big picture pretty cheap insurance.

ACDelco Professional 214-2294 Vapor Canister Purge Valve​

Just ordered the Delco on amazon. pricey little bugger at $36 but in the big picture pretty cheap insurance.

ACDelco Professional 214-2294 Vapor Canister Purge Valve​

That’s cheap. I paid $50 last year from Amazon for the same part.

I think there should be a warning at the beginning of this thread that the direct throttle linkage was hot garbage…..
You think? I got the stuff to convert to lokar but the direct seems to work fine. It is simple. I can feel the motor rock in its mounts at the pedal. I have good throttle control. Seriously asking.

You think? I got the stuff to convert to lokar but the direct seems to work fine. It is simple. I can feel the motor rock in its mounts at the pedal. I have good throttle control. Seriously asking.

I second that, I am still running the direct link. I like the throttle response and have had no issues. To each their own I reckon 😉

I changed my throttle cable twice. First one melted. Second one was too short and was sticky and jumpy. This new 36” cable is better but I’m still not 100% satisfied with the articulation in the pedal response. Maybe I need to change the return springs? Maybe I need an extension arm on the sniper? I haven’t had time to think about it much and I’ve just had to get used to the occasional lunging with the fast throttle response. It is peppy and all, but in parking lots going around a turn from a stop can be a little sketchy.

I changed my throttle cable twice. First one melted. Second one was too short and was sticky and jumpy. This new 36” cable is better but I’m still not 100% satisfied with the articulation in the pedal response. Maybe I need to change the return springs? Maybe I need an extension arm on the sniper? I haven’t had time to think about it much and I’ve just had to get used to the occasional lunging with the fast throttle response. It is peppy and all, but in parking lots going around a turn from a stop can be a little sketchy.

Holley has a little extension arm. @under_psi got me a couple when he got his. Says it’s great.

3AC0725A-A28D-4A75-8A54-264619C19D7D.jpeg

You really ought to try the extension arm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom