1985 Fj60 Ac (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
If any LC experts could help me with a picture or diagram of how thier AC compressor is installed on thier 2F. Specifically how it is installed on the PS motor mount. There are a couple of other ways Toyota installed these compressors depending on when and where they were installed. The Service Manual does not address the motor mount version. Thanks in advance, John

I see youve been looking for a pic for sometime:D
This is the bracketry from my old 3F loosely mocked up.
Its shown from the rear and bolted to the RH side (your passenger side) of the 3F and was fitted to a 1988 FJ73 Aussie spec
exotic cruisers 023 (Small).jpg

What type of compressor do you want to mount-up?

The compressor is denso and it is the type in the photo. The problem is I have no picture of bracketry for a 2F. I looked at a 85 2F with factory air and it has a different compressor and it is mounted both to the engine mount and the alternator. I believe the system I purchased to add to my 2F was originally a dealer option add on??? Everything has gone on smoothly except this compressor set up. I also know there is a 2 belt and 3 belt config and I am not sure which one this calls for, and it is getting hot here!!!! Thanks for the help in advance.
photo 1.jpg

I've seen the denso style mounted on the old york mounting bracket.. that was a dealer install a/c system... it bolted on the right upper side of the engine & the alt. mounts below on the same bracket & uses the alt. for belt adjustment.. you have a pm...

john-

you should have the type with ears if you have a US 60, not the 4 bolt solid anchor (like ross', fj62's, or bj models, or the type you say you have).

a forward and rear 14mm head bolt act as the pivot on motor mount arm, adjustment is on top, under the alternator. replace the whole idler pulley if bad.

if you want the PS type bracket, it's non US set up and you will have to get it from Specter Off Road, unless you can adopt a US FJ62/FJ80 system

aftermarket (dealer) sometimes used us compressors. these were only put on 1981-1983 that arrived without a/c (rare trucks).

You should be able to find all the US fj60 parts easy- all models w/ a/c from 1981-1987

Thanks for the info. Right now I've got to call the guy who sent this to me, because I believe i have the wrong compressor. Thanks again. to be continued

a/c

mrsvle said:
Here's how it's set up on an '83 FJ 60

What's your plans with that??

Grant, obviously there are many configs out there. The guy who sent me the compressor says it came off of his 85 FJ60, but now he is not too sure it is the right one. Bottom line, he's looking into getting me the right compressor/ bracket solution. Until I hear from him, if you find one send me a pic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom