1985 FJ40 Voltage regulator for non-USA

Hi, battery is not getting charged on my 1985 FJ40 (from Venezuela) which I got not that long ago. The regulator has definitely been replaced in the past (before me owning it).
I am still narrowing the problem down, but I am pretty sure it is the (external) regulator. It has a "Standard Blue Streak" with a product number of Q514S37C (or maybe Q514837C, it is hard to see it). The closest I could find online is this one Security Check - https://www.carid.com/acdelco/professional-voltage-regulator-mpn-f662.html and it seems to have the same plug.

Without knowing the specs on the original one (nor the ADelco) - although it seems to handle higher than 55 AMPs, does anyone have experience with this that can comment if I replace it with the ACDelco, will it be a short lived thing? Any other recommendations?

FYI, there's still a chance that the alternator is bad...

TIA

sterling

SILVER Star
@totem Autozone will check alternators and batteries for free.
May be helpful in process of elimination.

JohnnyC

Long ago TLCA# 2231
I use from a 87’ ford crown victoria … here is a link… there is a higher rated one there as well.

I have a 55 amp alternator works fine with the vr166 standard products one

Following. I just posted a similar concern because my HJ (Aussie) isn’t recharging as expected. I did suspect the VR, which was replaced. Is there typically an
adjustment needed for the VR?

Anyway following your post as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom