1985 FJ40 Voltage regulator for non-USA (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi, battery is not getting charged on my 1985 FJ40 (from Venezuela) which I got not that long ago. The regulator has definitely been replaced in the past (before me owning it).
I am still narrowing the problem down, but I am pretty sure it is the (external) regulator. It has a "Standard Blue Streak" with a product number of Q514S37C (or maybe Q514837C, it is hard to see it). The closest I could find online is this one Security Check - https://www.carid.com/acdelco/professional-voltage-regulator-mpn-f662.html and it seems to have the same plug.

Without knowing the specs on the original one (nor the ADelco) - although it seems to handle higher than 55 AMPs, does anyone have experience with this that can comment if I replace it with the ACDelco, will it be a short lived thing? Any other recommendations?

FYI, there's still a chance that the alternator is bad...

TIA

@totem Autozone will check alternators and batteries for free.
May be helpful in process of elimination.

I use from a 87’ ford crown victoria … here is a link… there is a higher rated one there as well.

I have a 55 amp alternator works fine with the vr166 standard products one

Following. I just posted a similar concern because my HJ (Aussie) isn’t recharging as expected. I did suspect the VR, which was replaced. Is there typically an
adjustment needed for the VR?

Anyway following your post as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom