1985 Black FJ60 for sale!!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was heading home from school this morning and I caught a glance of something familiar. So what do I do??? I flipped a U'ie, and went to investigate. It's right off of 76, if your heading towards Clemson its on the right about a 1/4 mile after the overpass of 85. If your heading into Anderson, its on the left about 1/4 before the overpass(stupids :doh: ). I talked to one of the guys there and he didn't know much about it, so I took the keys and took a spin. Needs a new starter, and has no A/C. I didn't see any rust, but it has been recently painted black. The interior is on the down side of the hill but nothing major, other than that, it looks pretty good and runs pretty solid. The 2F has 204,000 miles and the bossman wants 5,500 for it. You can most likely slice a few hundred or more off that. Here is the info that I got out of "earl"

M.G. Products, inc
Mike Green
864 325 7766

Earl, I'm guessing is a shop hand or something I have his phone number but he won't tell you much. Earl's # 933-5960

Hey Matt have you ever seen a beige 40 in Anderson. I have an old college buddy who has one there. I'm told by others he still has it. His name is Dean.

Man I need to get him up with UC.

yeah a little to proud maybe, it sounds more like a 2-3K one...........

Hey marshall what was that friend of yours last name??? I bought my 40 from a guy in anderson who was named dean

yep bought my cruiser off of him on ebay.......... he said he was selling the one he I bought because he had found a nice restored one. must be the olive one you were talking about. I never actually meet him, I picked up the 40 from a muffler shop he had it at.

yeah funny, he told me eveything worked and was original................4wd didn't work (t-case was shot) and it had an F engine instead of a 2F, I was a little PO when I found those out, but it was to late I had already payed the man. I still love my cruiser and thanks to all the problems I had with it I have learned a hell of alot about cruisers........... seemed like a nice guy the few times I talked with him though, guess I should have know better since he went to UNC :flipoff2:

no it's all good man, I felt a little jiffed at first, but he may truly not have known those things were wrong. I don't think he had owned the 40 for very long before he sold it to me.............. and it took me about 6 months to realize it had the wrong engine in it ( wasn't until I found the vast knowledge base here at mud). I have enjoyed every bit of work I have done on my 40. I wouldn't trade it for the world, I have learned so much from it............. So give the guy a call I like to meet him, and show him what I have done with it, I don't think he will recognize it ;)

Like the new avatar there Marshall.......... action............

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom