1985 BJ70 - 3B rubber insulator - engine mount (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

David*BJ70

Looking forward to reach the end of the world
Threads
On the first picture, you can see the pre-1984 3B rubber insulator (engine mount).

On the second picture, it's the 1985 3B rubber insulator (engine mount).

They look different.... but can I use the pre-1984 3B rubber insulator on my 1985 BJ70 3B ?

Last edited:
Look closely at the part numbers. The part numbers for both are the same, so I would suspect that they are the same mounting dimensions, but different designs.

Karl

Nobody here can say to me with exactitude if these mount fit on a 1985 BJ70 ?

Nobody here? No expert here ? Nobody like crusher, greg B, raddcruiser?

Did someone already make an engine swap or transplant in in BJ70 and instal new mount insulator from a pre-1984 in a 1985 ?

PS : Thank knorrena. My opinion is the same as you... but before buying the insulator... I want to make sure.

sorry, i have done a number of 3B swaps but i can not remember if the isolators were interchangable or not.

David*BJ70 said:
Nobody here can say to me with exactitude if these mount fit on a 1985 BJ70 ?

Nobody here? No expert here ? Nobody like crusher, greg B, raddcruiser?

Did someone already make an engine swap or transplant in in BJ70 and instal new mount insulator from a pre-1984 in a 1985 ?

PS : Thank knorrena. My opinion is the same as you... but before buying the insulator... I want to make sure.

I will go against general opinion, and say the mounts are NOT interchangable.
Here are my reasons:
1) The parts numbers are the same for the bolts and washers, for the mount itself, only the GROUP number is the same-parts numbers will be different.
2) if you look at the mounts and the position of the holes where they bolt to the engine, the engine will sit at different heights. this makes me think the holes in the engine are not in the same position. however, this might not affect the rubber parts.
3) I *know* that 84 was a change of mounts for the HJ60. pre 85 will not fit post 85. this is due to the position of the little steel nipple that sits on top of the rubber part, preventing the mount from rotating.

jan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom