1985 BJ60 A/C belt (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone have a 3B engine with just two crank pulleys and A/C? One is definitely the power steering. The other, on mine, seams to do the alternator, fan and A/C compressor. Currently I have just the Alternator belted with the crank and fan. The A/C pulley is perfectly lined up with those three, but the Toyota repair manual I purchased shows the A/C on a third separate belt with a tension pulley that my rig doesn't have. Living in the south I'd love to get the air conditioning working but I can't locate a belt. Anyone have the same set-up and know what belt is used? If it's after market someone also replaced the dash climate control panel. 1985 BJ60, manufacture date Nov. 1984 model: BJ60LG-MK. Thanks for any information.

Thanks for the reply jzilla, You have answered my concern. Someone would have probably dealer installed A/C on my rig after the fact. My truck doesn't have the a/c idler pulley. The repair manual I purchased shows 3 belts for trucks with A/C. 1. Power steering 2. Alternator 3. A/C. My BJ60 has just two crank pulleys and the A/C compressor is lined up with the alternator. A long belt doing a lot of work. It appears I'll be making a measured guess of the circumference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom