1985 BJ60 A/C belt (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm trying to get my A/C working. I purchased the truck without the A/C compressor fan belt. The A/C pulley lines up with the alternator, crank and fan pulleys which are currently belted together. I ordered a Land Cruiser repair manual which shows the 3B engine having the A/C belt separate from the alternator sharing the crank and a tension pulley which doesn't exist on my rig. My crank currently has two pulleys, for power steering and alternator. Does any one know if my set-up is legitimate or a hack job, and if so, where I can get this belt? It would be fairly long sharing the alt, fan and crank as set up. It's stupid humid here south of the Mason-Dixon and getting the A/C operating would be fantastic. 1985 BJ60, manufacture: Nov.1984, model: BJ60LG-MK
Cheers,
l

You might get more response over in the diesel section.

Anyway, the AC is supposed to be on its own pulley on the crank. If the crank pulley only has 2 belt spaces, how is the AC compressor mounted? Sounds like your 3B didn't come with AC.

However if it's a custom mount or it's been shimmed somehow, you can try running a longer belt to turn everything. That might be asking a lot from one belt. Just measure and try a few different sizes and you'll get one that works.

Any luck with a generic belt? Sorry we were not able to help but I'm fairly confident your setup isn't stock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom