1985 4Runner SFA\EFI for sale (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Dingman,
Hey, could you drop me a line at jester_motorsports@yahoo.com so that I could get some contact info from you about this Runner? If you don't remember me, I'm Josh, the guy that you camped with at Tall Corn with the black Tacoma with the bobbed bed. Anyway, one of the techs here at work is interested in it. Thanks man!

Josh

*** SOLD ***
To Josh's friend, Chris.

Alot of people were interested but Chris is the only one that put cash up right away.

Thanks, Josh. Much Appreciated. :beer:

*** SOLD ***
To Josh's friend, Chris.

Alot of people were interested but Chris is the only one that put cash up right away.

Thanks, Josh. Much Appreciated. :beer:

No problem. Glad to help out. I'll collect my "finder's fee" beer from you next year at Tall Corn. :D Should be easy to deliver since we'll be in the same campsite again, I'm assuming. I'm sure Kurt could hand it over to me from your personal camping spot. :D

I think I created a monster on this one though. He's been talking my ears off about lifts and armor and this and that and the other. His wife may end up killing me. :D I'm sure that this will translate into some business for another well-known fella as well....Adam. He likes Adam's work and he likes the idea of "helping out the little guy".

No problem. Glad to help out. I'll collect my "finder's fee" beer from you next year at Tall Corn. :D Should be easy to deliver since we'll be in the same campsite again, I'm assuming. I'm sure Kurt could hand it over to me from your personal camping spot. :D

I think I created a monster on this one though. He's been talking my ears off about lifts and armor and this and that and the other. His wife may end up killing me. :D I'm sure that this will translate into some business for another well-known fella as well....Adam. He likes Adam's work and he likes the idea of "helping out the little guy".

Ha, if Chris is getting a stiffy just thinking about getting the 4runner, wait until he gets a look at my green one sitting next to it. Obviously, he's seen many cool 4x4's (including yours) but with 2 '85's sitting next to each other like that, it's hard not to imagine what you can do with the stock one.

I'm gonna throw a few extra parts in with the deal, mostly due to the fact that I found a couple more things wrong with it. The clutch fluid is gone (another dryed out seal, i'm sure) and one of the front brakes is siezed. Dingit. I had no idea sitting was so damn hard on a vehicle. And it's only be sitting a year. Go figure.

Yah, the beer will be comin' yer way!

EDIT: forgot to mention that I have a set of Adam's tube doors. I should drag those out for Chris to look at.

Ha, if Chris is getting a stiffy just thinking about getting the 4runner, wait until he gets a look at my green one sitting next to it. Obviously, he's seen many cool 4x4's (including yours) but with 2 '85's sitting next to each other like that, it's hard not to imagine what you can do with the stock one.

I'm gonna throw a few extra parts in with the deal, mostly due to the fact that I found a couple more things wrong with it. The clutch fluid is gone (another dryed out seal, i'm sure) and one of the front brakes is siezed. Dingit. I had no idea sitting was so damn hard on a vehicle. And it's only be sitting a year. Go figure.

Yah, the beer will be comin' yer way!

EDIT: forgot to mention that I have a set of Adam's tube doors. I should drag those out for Chris to look at.

Yeah, I'd definitely show him the tube doors.

Sitting is VERY hard on a vehicle. More so than I ever could have imagined. I had a 68 Firebird that sat for about a year. When I bought the car, I could tell that it had had body work done to it years before I bought it. It looked good though. However, there was TONS of bondo in the panels but it was nice and smooth. Once that thing started to sit, it went to hell in a handbasket in no time. Virtually every panel on it looked like swiss cheese after a year and I ended up selling it. I just didn't have the money at the time to do with it what needed to be done. It breaks my heart to this day.

Honestly, he really hasn't seen many "cool" vehicles. Mine is about the first one that he's seen that's very modified. He used to mess around with Fords and Chevys but they were mostly built to go in the mud. Not exactly my style. He hasn't really seen many modified Toyotas though. Owners of modified vehicles don't typically take their rigs anywhere near the dealership. He caught the bug and caught it hard on a trail build that he went on with me. He saw how capable just my little IFS rig was and wanted something to play with for himself. Now he's turned in to a monster. :D Feels kinda good to get someone hooked on the sport. I'm sure his wife won't agree.

Yup, you're right. Sitting is very hard on a vehicle. Same thing here, beautiful looking last year and looks like crap this year. I guess it's from it being dirty, IDK.

It's good to know that he's going to wheel it, I almost built this one rather than the green one. But this grey one was the nicer one, so it became the DD.

Anyway, since he's going to wheel it, I might give him some extra wheels and maybe an extra set of stock birfs (still attached to the axle). I have a few odds and ends that I'll never use and might was well go with the 4runner. Especially if he's going to mod it and play with it, he'll want some extra parts.;p

Yep, he's definitely going to be using it. That's the sole purpose for buying it. I'm sure he'll appreciate anything you throw in.

Honestly, he really hasn't seen many "cool" vehicles. Mine is about the first one that he's seen that's very modified.
He might enjoy seeing my beat up beast and collection of vehicles/parts while he is in town. :D

He might enjoy seeing my beat up beast and collection of vehicles/parts while he is in town. :D

Speaking of beat up parts, I DID let you know that there's a guy down here that has, or can get, pretty much anything you'd need, right? He's got tons of vehicles, mainly older pickups and 4runners, just sitting around. Anyway, here's the website he's got set up:

www.victorsoffroad.com

If you end up calling him for anything, just make sure to let him know that I referred him to you. He just likes knowing how people find out about him.

Well, Chris came and picked up the 4runner. It was in worse shape than I realized and so I had to modify the deal so that he'd take the damn thing with him! LOL!

He got a plethora of spare parts~ A total of 3 sets of rims...
New rotors
New drums
A set of spare birfs\axles...

I think that was about it, but he'll need the parts. That 4runner needs alot of work.

I've decided I'm not buying any more old vehicles. Too damn much rust... the rest of it I can deal with but the rust is really a vehicle killer. Plus, I don't have a garage to store them in when they aren't being driven and that suks too, sitting it just too destructive.

Good luck to Chris on fixing this vehicle up.

Yeah, I was supposed to be in Hannibal throughout the weekend visiting family. I got sick on the first day of my 5 days off so I didn't go up until Saturday. He called and left me a couple of voicemails on Friday on his way back through. He mentioned the rust but still, he got a good rig for what he's wanting it for...trail use. I think he would've been a little cautious with it offroad if it would've been any nicer. Now he can build it to actually USE and not be overly concerned with body damage. Not many people really truly take a rig out and just try to destroy the body (although those folks do exist). It's just nice to not have to worry about getting a little scratch on it here and there though. I think he'll actually enjoy it more this way.

I lost track of this guys' info....

Do we know how hacked up the rig is by now? And pics or threads somewhere?

Wow, now isn't that interesting. Well, life often upsets a person's plans and I hope he got what he was asking for.

Oh well. Now I wish I hadn't cut 1\3 off my asking price for him, I felt bad because of the extra rust he found. But I wasn't really hungry for the money, I mostly wanted that dingin' thing out of my parking area.

And with the other '85 runner I bought, I wasn't in the mood to repair that one.

Dingman,
I helped sell this rig AGAIN! :D Another buddy of mine bought it from Chris. The frame had a significant amount of rust so the new owner purchased a really nice replacement, along with a hi-steer setup for it, for $300. He's got a post going over on Pirate if you're interested. He's the proud owner of a nice 86 Truggy. The plan is to pull the built Toy axles out from underneath the Truggy and put them under the Runner. Then he's got some 1-ton axles that he's building right now for the Truggy. Dave is a really great guy and a pretty damn good fabricator as well. He's in his EARLY 20's as well....reminds me a lot of Adam. Anyway, he's the guy that helped me do my bed bob and he'll also be helping me do my axle swap when I get the parts rounded up.

Man, I'm glad to see someone finally doing something with that 4runner. Funny, I don't usually see people in Az buying rusted midwest rigs, it's normally the other way around. I have to admit, after this last one (the two-tone) which is also rusty, I'm done with the older vehicles. I'm getting to hate rust with a passion.

Thanks for the help on selling it (twice) Josh and thanks for the link. I'll be watching that for sure.

EDIT: I also just edited the for sale page so that it clearly shows the vehicle sold. AND I put the Pirate4x4 link in there. Cool.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom