Builds 1985 4Runner - "Nala" (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@fj55tlc - I’m going to pick your brain for a second if you don’t mind... with my ‘89 auto I’m planning a 3.4 swap when the 3.0 craps the bed. I’ve been plotting a 3.4 swap and the local “guru” assures me that with a 3.0 auto it is basically a bolt up job. Do you know if a body lift would be needed for hood clearance with the V6 and IFS configuration?

I’m happy to hear you are finding it “rocket like”. I don’t mind the 3.0s power, but I can imagine the 3.4 is awesome in these light trucks!

@fj55tlc - I’m going to pick your brain for a second if you don’t mind... with my ‘89 auto I’m planning a 3.4 swap when the 3.0 craps the bed. I’ve been plotting a 3.4 swap and the local “guru” assures me that with a 3.0 auto it is basically a bolt up job. Do you know if a body lift would be needed for hood clearance with the V6 and IFS configuration?

I highly recommended you give this site a visit. I think many of your questions will be answered there.

I’d definitely like to avoid a hood bulge, and a 1-2” body lift will allow more tire clearance too.

Thanks pappy, I’ll give that sight a look.

Im pretty sure you can get away with just 1". I run a 1.5" and have plenty of room. Plus the BL makes the v6 bell bolts a little easier to deal with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom