1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1985 4runner for sale, in PA

Discussion in 'Other Vehicles' started by jon, Jan 27, 2004.

1. jon

jon

I'm selling my 1985 Solid Axle 4runner. 22RE, 5-speed transmission. Its in good condition and has Pennsylvania inspection for 6/04

With the help of a mechanic, I rebuilt the engine a few months ago, included in the rebuild were a new crank, new cam, new pistons and rings, all new timing parts (guides, tensioner, chain and gears) all gaskets, seals and bearing, new spark plugs and wires. It also had a professional value job and block honing. The engine runs good and has 4,000 miles on the rebuild. I have been using it as a daily driver and everything works well. The truck has 171,000K original miles on it

The body is in pretty good shape, it has a very small amount of surface rust and a small, dime sized, hole on the top of the tailgate. There is a small amount of putty in the fenders and several small dings and dents but overall the body is in good shape. I painted this vehicle myself so it isn’t perfect, but it looks good.

The frame is in excellent condition and has only a minor amount of surface rust. The previous owner was a farmer and he would pour gear oil in the frame which has kept it in great shape….I have looked at and owned many older Toyotas and it has one of the better frames I’ve seen.

The interior is in good condition; it has vinyl floor and rear seat and cloth front seats. Front seats are in good condition and have seat covers on them just for protection. Rear window motor is new and works excellent, vehicle has no rear wiper motor.

Right now it hsa 235x75x15 tires on it and doesn't have the custom roof rack as pictured (if the pictures work!) those part are on my other 4runner right now but they could be switch over if wanted.

That's about all the information I can think of, but email me if you have any question or want pictures....I have several to email

thanks for looking

2. jon

jon

oh yeah the price.......

I'd like $2700 for it but I'd entertain any offers and the price could be discussed.