1985 22re wont hold idle when offroading (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
It seems that anytime I travel down a trail, my pickup wont hold idle.

I have my idle set relatively high, around 900. Inspected vacuum leaks but couldnt find any. ive done my own EGR delete and confirmed that none of the plates leak.

The truck will stay running if I increase idle above 1100rpm or if i keep on the throttle.

Ive only had it happen once when mobbing down the highway to see my girlfriend. When i got there the truck would flutter and stall out.

If i let the truck sit for a little while it will go back to normal.

my charcoal canister does leak as well. not sure if its related but ill be swapping it out soon.

Are you saying that your charcoal canister is leaking fuel vapor or raw fuel?

There should only be fuel vapor going into the charcoal canister.

Yeah, leaks raw fuel. Do fuel vapors not condense in the canister and when it leaks raw fuel its bad? Doesnt do it all the time. Ive noticed it doing it when the truck is off when acting up

you might have the two top connections (fresh air/tank) reversed

Thats something i should look at. I think the one farthest forward is set to manifold vacuum and the rearward is set to tank. Then the lower hose just hangs.
Wouldnt it leak constantly? And its only recently started. I never messed with the cannister

Have you checked your intake tube for splitting? I just had to replace mine, and it exhibited symptoms similar. Surging offroad and stalling when it shouldn't have.

Alright how about this one. I just found out itll run without the afm plugged in... Its also running extremely rich
It should start with the afm unplugged, but it should not run for more than a few seconds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom