1984 Toyota Landcruiser BJ-60 on cragslist is this a members vehicle ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

$9000?, ok the body is off an FJ60 (front fender vents), who knows if the frame was swapped too, but 400,000km on the drivetrain, factory gears (likely) and no lockers for $9,000? you could import a JDM, with more goodies for less.

Swamper Thornbirds!! You gotta buy it:clap:

What does 'done' mean when talking about an 84 BJ60 frame:

"the frame it's in very good conditions and was done and treated by a well recognized Chassis Shop in Vancouver"

OTOH, if it's a diesel repowered FJ60 import, might be a solid truck.

$9000?, ok the body is off an FJ60 (front fender vents), who knows if the frame was swapped too, but 400,000km on the drivetrain, factory gears (likely) and no lockers for $9,000? you could import a JDM, with more goodies for less.

For "old school" 60 series JDM, it isn't as easy now to find all the toys and no rust for around $9000 landed. A clean LHD 60 series is going to fetch a premium price - but maybe not a $9000 premium price.

If I were thinking investment value in a classic cruiser, I would hold off on big purchases and put the cash away (if I had any to spare :rolleyes:). The financial problems in Greece, Portugal, Ireland and Spain are threatening another global recession which could be nastier than the last. If that happens, the market will once again be flooded with good deals for those who have extra money.

I cant wait my kids are squished in the back of my extended cab and as much as I enjoy driving a Big huge diesel powered 4x4 around it is not practical for me at this point in my life ( living in a town house ) and picking my kids up after school every day , I can make payments on a new car and still spend less than I am spending on diesel right .

That's decent looking rig and if it is (appears to be) a FJ-60 with deisel swap than I think the price is fair if the body and frame are solid. If the compression is good, 400K on the motor is fine...

If he listed this on mud my guess is it would sell as so many of our southern neighbours are looking for deisel 60's....heck Tor Slinning of Tor Fab in WA just sold a reconditioned HJ60 for $21,000 on ebay. It was a canadian donar truck that he dropped the 2H onto a clean frame and clean FJ60 body....

Anyway, if it's clean, I'd say it's a pretty good deal and RHD to boot, no hastles with insurance..... ;) or worry about denting the fender and ICBC writting it off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom