Builds 1984 Root Beer in Vermont - Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1624383555885.png

1624383576489.png

1624383603280.png

1624383627092.png

Looks like the mileage could be actual. Well that would be a nice win.

I spoke to the previous owner who told me:

"Yes it is right I bought a new vehicle, was going to fix this one up because it had holes in it but I thought I didn't really have the time"

I mentioned it didn't start but I hadn't determined if the fuel pump was working or not.

he said that the fuel pump connects have rotted off but he started it on starting fluid and it started on the first crank. So I'm not sure if he means the electrical connection is rotted off or if the fuel lines are toast etc. I see I can get a really cheap FJ62 fuel pump from rock auto and I might just grab one, put in a small tank in the engine bay with its own circuit, and see if I can get the engine to run with a fresh fuel supply.

Last edited:
Have an A/C rcvr drier bracket?

Have an A/C rcvr drier bracket?

I'm going to wager i do. The engine bay appears to be 100% stock. The only component I noted was missing was the headlight washer bottle but thats not surprising. Got a picture of of what you are looking for? I'll put a thread up in Parting out to keep this one from derailing much more :D

I put up a thread... Unsure if pic i have is rhe bracket

Screenshot_20210623-051444~2.png

I had a brief moment of insanity today when I considered fixing the parts truck. But after a more thorough assessment I think that would be a lot of wasted energy. It needs both front fenders, hood, lower valence, 3 doors, tailgate, frame, rockers etc. floors look pretty solid and top of truck looks factory fresh. But oh so much rust. Not sure if fuel tank is savable yet. Fuel lines are all gone.

Last edited:
I know all too well the burning desire to save the undesirables. Let me tell you from experience that you will definitely learn a lot!

I know all too well the burning desire to save the undesirables. Let me tell you from experience that you will definitely learn a lot!

Yeah, I am sure I would. But I'm going to stick to the original plan and just pull what I need, sell as much of the rest as I can, and scrap whats left.

Planning stages of low mile 3FE swap...thinking ahead to what the to do list should be:

1. I have yet to fire up the donor vehicle so I plan to pickup a low $ pump to run in a reservoir for test purposes to see if I can get my 3fe to start and run nd maybe yard drive. Want to see how the auto trans feels too as I'd like to sell it.

2. Will do a compression check either way

3. at the minimum I'll do any gaskets and seals that are easy. Not sure if I will pull the head or just leave it buttoned up.

4. will paint the block

5. new clutch kit and resurface the flywheel.

6. I will pull the harness, computer etc out of the donor...I may build a fresh harness just to rule out 30+ year old wiring issues,

7. replace all hoses, vac lines

8. I will probably desmog the engine and sell the smog parts as a kit because they all are very clean....but I may also leave them on as a future owner might be from a smog state.....things to ponder.

9. Anyone remember who the Mud member was that did the Vapor Blasting?

Been pretty quiet over here in this part of the world. Cruiser is hiding in my garage until I have time to get at the engine. So at least it’s out of the sun and weather. I’ve been trying to finish my garage…it’s a mere 12x18 foot print but it’s basically 3 stories tall..but if a tower 😂.

69EF8165-5B94-4BCB-9797-FA6B3164DB75.png

This is the working drawing.

832257DE-EFAC-4114-9CA9-DA2BB6616837.jpeg

C0B8F14B-03EE-48EF-830A-DAB2276B69A4.jpeg

The white doors are on he second level where the workshop is. I’ll be building the deck back here pretty soon…make life a lot easier to get in and out. Building materials right now are atrociously expensive. $12 for a 2x4 10’ long. Luckily I bought most of the materials when prices dipped.

Other things slowing down cruiser projects is the 1 week old boy that joined our little cruiser family. 😃.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom