For Sale 1984 HJ47 Troopy $20k obo/trade (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1984 HJ47 Troopy $21.5k obo/trade

1984 HJ47 Troop Carrier "Troopy" $21.5k obo/trade

Imported 2009 from the interior of Queensland in Stanthorpe. The truck was owned by the same owner for 23 years and sold after the gentleman passed away- So that is 3 total owners including me. The 71 year old lady said it was his favorite... they used the truck on their 300 acres vineyard and it has the feel of your Dad's old reliable truck.

361,000 kilometers about 225,000 miles Diesel
2H - runs like a top, starts every time cold or hot, an occasional small puff of smoke when started but otherwise never really seen any smoke out of the tail pipe even after sitting for a couple weeks without running- fires up like you just drove it the day before. Not sure if it has ever been rebuilt?

Does not Drip any oil-

4 speed tranny, feels very tight, no grinds, granny first gear.

Air Conditioning, the air will hold cold for a couple days and then leaks out, blows cold, but I will have to replace a hose, and am looking for one now, Front disc brakes (Stops VERY well) looks to be a new master and brake setup.

No power steering, all the glass looks to be good. Some things I would do to it would be new door strikers, door seals, and window felt.

It has a New water pump and Rebuilt Alternator, R&R belts/hoses/fluids.

New Front Seats Recaro style- not sure if they are real or fake leather but very comfortable.

Looks to have a small lift 2-3" on it with heavy duty springs, 5 Brand New BFG MT KM2, 255/85r16 (33" tall) She cruises good and over the last 3 tanks of fuel it has been consistent 22.3mpg.

The body is in fair to good shape and is a "used" truck but not abused or as the previous owner stated "never beached or taken outback." Being around the interior of AUS the rust is minor and only seems to be the front floor boards the passenger side has a hole about golf ball with that being the only apparent rust no other bubbles or anything around there, the drivers side has a few small thumbnail holes along the inside door floor edge.

The paint is a good 20 footer with good gloss and shine, it has been repainted and bondo is present on the passenger front fender and along the rear pass fender and drivers rear corner, up close the paint is showing age and touch ups. I got a quote at a great body shop in town for $5500 will redo the following in top notch quality, 2 front floorboard edge r/r rust, paint interior and exterior with full disassembly, latches, door strikers, rubbers etc so that is pretty good and they do awesome work but it gives you an idea on condition, does not need $10k worth of body work.

Has an awesome "ROO or BULL BAR" on the front, the rear troopy step is slightly dinged but functions well and would be an easy fix. The PO also told me that it is supposedly one of only 1000 made (A/C maybe???) and she was told that by the Toyota parts dealer once when ordering something... I have not researched that.

She is a GREAT daily driver or driver/restore truck that you can all pile and go without worry of getting it dirty as it is not a 100 point show car but a great driver! Nice enough to garage while driving and restoring/renewing.

I get a TON of compliments on it and drive it all over town Super reliable! It can burn veggie oil! I wish I could keep her but will have to wait until the timing is better for my family. Feel free to call me 850-687-7551 with questions and if you have a trade please email pictures to me at dogochelo@hotmail.com with what your value is, miles, condition, owners, maint etc I am only looking to trade even or down with cash to make the difference.

I am not a car dealer and am looking for specific trades, but you never know...:steer: $21.5k obo this is the only site listed for sale...
seats.jpg
enginedrivers.jpg
shadesideview.jpg

Last edited:
No I did not sell it, and stopped for a while, but would consider a sale on it as I have had 3 inquiring minds this month email me out of the blue.

Are you interested? Pinellas county is only 6.5 hours away....

Bump.... getting some trade offers, but looking for cash right now unless a trade of a Cadillac CTS-V, Lexus LS 460 2007-2008, 100 series Cruiser/Lexus, Diesel Mercedes E or R Class 2005+, Z06, Classic muscle cars, etc.

BTW I also have about $1000 worth of new parts still in plastic for the restoration I was planning on doing. Price is $21,500 as the original posted price on MUD was prior to tires, and lots of new items.

well, i do have a 87 BJ70 ragtop with 30,000 km on it ... all original right down to the splits ... just thinking out loud.

keep it. You would be stupid to get rid of your dream truck.
Yeah money can get you into other things but nice things like this don't come up.
I have not seen a nice 77 come through auction since I have gotten mine.
Keep it and enjoy it. Sell the other toys....

i agree, he should keep the troopie. they are getting more and more rare to find in decent shape.

I would love to keep the truck, but it's just not in the cards right now. I hope that I do not have to place it on EBAY.... I get a ton of inquiries, but not one person to come look at it. She is a great truck and someone will be very happy to add her to their collection.

That BJ77 sounds sweet, the Troopy would make a great room-mate for her!
92B8BFA8-1472051.jpg
IMAG0272(1).jpg
IMAG0284.jpg

I am going to be honest I read through this whole thread and the suspense is killing me if you sold it or not

I still have the ole Troopy and absolutely love the truck! I may consider sale,and then I drive it, and every time I drive the truck it is just too cool to want to sell it! However, I will consider sale if anyone is serious to own a beast of a truck.

Last edited:
I still have the ole Troopy and absolutely love the truck! I may consider sale,and then I drive it, and every time I drive the truck it is just too cool to want to sell it! However, I will consider sale if anyone is serious to own a beast of a truck.

Glad to hear. If you love it, keep it! :cheers:

I am going to be honest I read through this whole thread and the suspense is killing me if you sold it or not

Tell me about it! I have been sitting here reading the thread thinking about selling my left nut. If we had the cash :princess: would be on the way to the airport for a road trip.

Beautiful rig. Good luck with whatever happens.

Eye Candy...

G'Day!
AB4B21E4-951581.jpg
43DD7584-992254.jpg
FC0422D1-1239997.jpg

More Candy

For all to see.
IMAG0595.jpg
IMAG0745.jpg
IMAG1282.jpg

The Trip

Took two buddies 3 hours down the coast to drop them off at a sail boat with approximately 2500+lbs of gear/supplies. Troopy rides much better with some weight on the heavy springs, cruising 60-65 mph getting 17-19 mpg. Like a sewing machine the truck never skipped a beat.
IMAG1287.jpg

Man That is a great looking rig! Wish it was mine! Good luck with the sale.

Where in north Florida are you? I would love to check this out, did you ever get the a/c up and running again? Thanks

I am located in Destin FL. PM me to see the truck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom