1984 FJ60 Oil Pan and Gasket (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Gretsch

SILVER Star
Threads
Easy one here. Replacing my oil pan gasket. Was going to just use my existing pan, but looking at it reveals some bowing on the pan lip around the bolt holes so considering a new pan to ensure best I can no leaks. Thinking I was going to use my original pan I purchased gasket P/N 12151-61010. I think however the new pan you get now for an '84 requires gasket P/N 12151-61011 which would require I trade out my purchased gasket with the one that fits the new pan properly if I went ahead and replaced my pan. I found a thread which seems to indicate this:

The 12151-61010 is for the original pans. The 12151-61011 is for the current number replacement pan and for the 3FE pans.

In the spirit of making sure this is still the case, can one of the parts gurus confirm to replace my oil pan I would need to get the different gasket? And do the oil pans come with drain plugs? Assuming not but would appreciate confirmation. Thanks in advance.

The newer pan has a different depth to the hoop part that goes around the back of the engine. It's a tad shorter if I recall.
The old style pan gasket will work on the new pan (that's what I did) but the hoop of the old gasket is a tad long so it doesn fit perfectly flush at the pan lip in the rear when it's just lying on it upside down.
I used a little extra Toyota black FIPG on the rear of the gasket and a very thin film on the hoop - even though Toyota doesn't recommend it.

So new pan with old style gasket can work without leaking --- but if I had known there was a gasket that properly fit (I didn't at the time) I would have bit the bullet and purchased the correct one.

The drain plug and drain plug gasket are different than the old style. They're smaller, and they have to ordered separately.

-------

New updated oil pan:
12101-61013
Gasket for pan above:
12151-61011
Drain plug for above
90341-12012
Drain Plug gasket for plug above.
90430-12028

Old style gasket: 12151-61010

Outstanding @OSS. Thanks for confirming. I'll just bite the bullet and get the new gasket and pan. I don't want to do this job again if I can help it. I could potentially straighten my pan I guess and use what I have, but again really don't want to have to do this job over if it leaks after I am done.

I may have an old style gasket available if anyone is interested. :doh: Thanks again for the help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom