For Sale 1983LB (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

When this truck was purchased I had the timing chain and seals replaced. New radiator, calipers, rotors, shoes, pads, fuel pump, battery, all lights, wheels, tires, all fluids, windshield, filters, etc. I had the truck repainted by a buddy at a Mercedes/Aston paint shop, good job. Zero rust. Original carpet is present. Original radio works. Dash cap install. Seats could use recover. I haven’t found material at this point. No rattles or wired noises. Cruises 80+ without issue but gets 21+ if around 70-75mph. Nice quiet truck. All door seals pliable and truck is quiet. I have new shocks being delivered here soon, not sure they will help the straight axle but it can’t hurt. I have the steering stableizer being shipped as well. Truck is road worthy and has 150k. Bed shell was installed when new and bed is in excellent condition. No rust at all, spent all but 2 years in Socorro NM and first two years in Co. I have original plate and copy of title. Church owned. Thinking I’d like a newer Tacoma. Decided to just keep my 45s but I did enjoy this project.

74E17F51-FDD9-4451-A487-FBBF4D8DFE4F.jpeg

View attachment 1893479

7043E2C4-BCCC-43C6-AADD-D834FF8A6AD9.jpeg

So the shocks and steering stabilizer are in and the truck is running tip top. I haven't had a chance to have the seats stitched or found the material that's correct. The seats will need attention but are serviceable. The door panels are present and presentable but to go the whole way they should be covered. I will do my best to tidy anything I see out of place but it's basically all there. Oh, the locking mechanism on the rear slider is in need of replacement but I guess this is common? I will add more pictures hopefully tomorrow? I changed the listing to sale as I am getting ready for summer travel and didn't have any takers for trades. Price? A little bit of a mixed bag it appears, $15,000 will buy this truck and make you proud. If I can answer any questions just let me know.

I'll shoot a more detailed video when I take more pictures.

Reactions: GJG
Wow, the 83 Longbed is looking great, amazing transformtion!! I imagine you have sold it or traded it by now? I have been looking all around for a similar truck, I keep missing out.. but I think I will find one soon.
Thanks,
Garryowen

Wow, the 83 Longbed is looking great, amazing transformtion!! I imagine you have sold it or traded it by now? I have been looking all around for a similar truck, I keep missing out.. but I think I will find one soon.
Thanks,
Garryowen

The 83 is still here in my front yard. My mother-in-law took a lot of time in the last year and finally passed a couple weeks ago. Living in our home left little time for anything other than her care. The truck is running well and ready for adventure, Come grab it and I'm sure we can work things out. Let me know where you are at.

The 83 is still here in my front yard. My mother-in-law took a lot of time in the last year and finally passed a couple weeks ago. Living in our home left little time for anything other than her care. The truck is running well and ready for adventure, Come grab it and I'm sure we can work things out. Let me know where you are at.
Hello LeRoy,
Sorry for your loss, family is most important of all things.
I live in Santa Cruz, CA - I sure would like to buy your truck, obviously there are some logistics with that distance, but certainly possible. I would have to schedule it in, I'm sure you are a busy guy as well. I do have the funds, maybe we can work it out, would be a great adventure!! Oh, it does have power steering? I recently hurt my rotator cuff, and driving my 94 truck with no PS is a bear!!
Best regards,
Garryowen 831-588-5102
If you have a chance can you text some pics of engine bay, interior, etc?

I do have a gentleman whom is highly interested that is supposed to call tomorrow to make arrangements. Feel free to call with questions in the event he chooses a different option. 561-213-7075

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom