For Sale 1983 Toyota HJ 47 - 2H, Arkana / Australian Import Runs Great & Ready for final Resto (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
Mileage
Color
Beige
Hey Mudders,

Unfortunately, it is time that I get my 1983 HJ 47 Arkana to a better home. I don’t have much time these days to devote and I know there is someone who does and will love her like we have. She is also starting to get some body rust and while the frame is still perfect, she needs to get to a good home soon to deal with that and hopefully someone who can take this unique Cruiser to the next level.

A little history. I bought the Cruiser from a guy here in NC in 2008 that bought from Vintage Cruisers who imported it from Australia. They did a partial resto but pretty minimal and nowhere near frame off. It was an Western Australia mining truck and from what I understand it was the explosives truck and so you can see the original blaze orange hidden in places under the truck. It is really an awesome truck. Runs great and you definitely don’t drive down the road incognito…. Lots of stairs and praise. I had in 4x4 on the beach one time right when I got it and performed well; however, always just been a “daily driver”, but in reality, primarily living inside my shop or at Down East Offroad for several years now…

Some specs and what has been done:
  • 2-H Diesel (original and runs like a top)
  • 4 Speed Manual Trans (zero slips)
  • Full float rear axle
  • All seats are fully restored (I can get pics) and have had covers on.
  • Manual locking WARN front hubs - completely rebuilt
  • All new axle seals & brushes front and rear
  • WARN winch
  • Off-road lights
  • New heater box with new seals and heater core
  • Dual Fuel tanks (perfect for WVO)
  • 2.5 Old Man Emu leaf springs and shocks
  • New rims and Nitto tires
  • Grease-able shackles front and rear
  • Ipe decking in bed
  • Custom Stainless steel tie rods
  • New Diamond Seaglaze sliding rear windows
  • New master cylinder
  • New disc brakes in front and Drum brakes in rear (completed this month)
  • wheel bearing replaced (last month or so.. have receipts)
  • All new valve cover seals (last month or so.. have receipts)
  • Complete coolant system flush, new coolant, and thermostat
  • Stainless braided brake lines
  • New wiring harness for rear half of truck with water proof connectors (Deutsch Type connectors
Known Issues:
  • Rust in progress on drivers side (RHD) door
  • Small amount of rust on passenger side where top is mated to the body
  • Rear main seal needs to be replaced. Small annoying leak
  • Some annoying electrical gremlins. Front headlights don’t come on at times, might be lights?
  • The EDIC motor is finicky so I rigged a manual kill switch. Researched the EDIC a long time ago and think fixable just never got the time.
  • Leak in sunroof. Just needs a reseal.
  • Tachometer does not work reliably.
  • Setup for Vintage Air w/ compressor but I threw out the AC unit figuring I could get better one
I’m sure there are a few more small things I can add to these two lists and I’ll be thinking in more detail and update where appropriate. I just wanted to get this out there since I had a little time this weekend. I’ve definitely struggled with doing a frame off or selling and here we are. I’m asking $55k but will be putting this into a fully restored HJ 47 or 70 series Troopy or FJ55 so I’d entertain some trade options if anyone has a showroom level resto they are trying to part with.

OK. Thanks for looking and hit me up with any specifics
Chris

IMG_0267 (Large).JPG

IMG_0268 (Large).JPG

IMG_0269 (Large).JPG

IMG_0270 (Large).JPG

IMG_0271 (Large).JPG

Did it have that rust when you got it? If not pretty incredible how fast it happens.

Wow Chris, I remember nagging you about buying this rig! I still like it, but not at that price! I have an 81 hj47 with some rust and couldn’t sell it for 7k!!!!! Rust really scares everyone away!!! I think at 55k it needs to be rust free? Anyway, glws, It really is a rare and cool arkana!!

Wow Chris, I remember nagging you about buying this rig! I still like it, but not at that price! I have an 81 hj47 with some rust and couldn’t sell it for 7k!!!!! Rust really scares everyone away!!! I think at 55k it needs to be rust free? Anyway, glws, It really is a rare and cool arkana!!
Hey Whitey45.. Long time. I know it's high and likely too high; especially with the rust starting. I was quickly going off the red 45 and a few others that were in that $50k range and that fancy classic.com valuator on the front page (that is cool). I do think there is value in the rarity, what I've done and of course I'm probably deep down not wanting to sell it and don't need to sell it but I sure would love to see someone do a frame off on this.... I definitely have a open mind.

Rarity is nice but I think doesn't add $25k to its value. I'm guessing if you knocked it down $25-30k, you might start to get some serious interest.

Rarity is nice but I think doesn't add $25k to its value. I'm guessing if you knocked it down $25-30k, you might start to get some serious interest.
I don't need to sell it and my main motivation is really to just get in the right hands over money. Agree the initial price tag is not realistic and thanks all for the reality check. I'll just leave it as anyone who is in love with this truck and wants to take it to the next stages that I'm very open on pricing.

What A/C kit is that.. I tried VA before but they said there wasn't a kit available?
Hey Animal House. I want to say it was a VA system but my dumb ass actually tossed the cabin unit thinking whenever I got to restoring that I would get a new / better one. I was tired of moving it from one shelf to another at my shop I guess..... Hope that helps

Hey Animal House. I want to say it was a VA system but my dumb ass actually tossed the cabin unit thinking whenever I got to restoring that I would get a new / better one. I was tired of moving it from one shelf to another at my shop I guess..... Hope that helps
Can you drop me some engine compressor mount shots? I may be able to recognize some things there .
If i can get that part sorted then I can likely find an inside unit that would do
Much thanks

Can you drop me some engine compressor mount shots? I may be able to recognize some things there .
If i can get that part sorted then I can likely find an inside unit that would do
Much thanks
Yeah no worries. Give me a few days though; I'm a hair underwater at work but will get you some pics and post to this thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom