For Sale 1983 FJ60 from Arizona in NYC. Restored to like-new condition (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

SOLD

Summary:
Low mileage, rust-free FJ60 spent most it's life in Colorado and Arizona before it was restored to a factory new like state. She's a thing of beauty and has to be seen to be appreciated.

Runs and drives beautifully. 4WD and everything works. Low 133k miles.
Exterior paint and finish is stunning. Interior is almost all new and looks factory fresh.

Details:
Spent some time searching for a red, low miles (less than 100k) 60 but they are unattainable unicorns. The next best thing was to find a low miles, straight, rust-free 60 and restore it to a factory like state. I intended on keeping this 60 for a while but a major family change means this 60 is ready for a new owner who can appreciate a 60 that looks and runs like a brand new vehicle, but is also a hassle-free daily driver. It was restored inside and out, and underneath. All the "tired" components were replaced or updated as well as some major components:
-new SOR headliner
-new SOR carpet
-new dashboard cover
-new moisture barriers or doors
-new modern aluminum radiator
-new clutch master/slave
-new wires, spark plugs, distributor, rotor
-new steering pump
-new fuel pump
-new Toyota OEM gas tank and fuel line
-gaskets, rubber, plastic components
-new shocks
-new leaf bushings
-new heavy duty shackles
-new 33" BFG tires (less than 30 miles on them)
-frame treated and coated with corrosion inhibitor (POR)
-all fluids and filters changed
-body professionally restored - dismantled (glass out etc), taken down to bare metal, coated with protective epoxy and prepared before paint and wet sand finish. Protective layer under paint will prevent corrosion in dog legs and other prone areas if driven in inclement weather.
+many other new parts and services performed

Under the hood many new components and engine has been tuned - runs very strong.
Transmission drives like new.
Starts, runs, stops, turns like it should.

Full disclosure:
As to be expected in a non-museum vehicle there are about 3-4 very minor paint blemishes that are not very visible, the AC works but the compressor is noisy, the visors, mirror, center console are included but not installed yet, no stereo/speakers, the front seatbelt pillar plastic trim is missing but easily replaced, 62 bumper, mudflaps are aged so they're off but included.

Thanks for looking.
20160717_115011_HDR.jpg

20160717_115032_HDR.jpg

20160717_112315.jpg

20160717_112738.jpg

20160717_112409.jpg

Last edited:
I'm in love!!! Why are none of the good ones closer to me? I'd be headed to see it with funds in hand if it were within a 5oo mile radius of me.

Nice 60 - GLWS

Very nice! I'll have to drop by and say hello sometime. Do you own the blue 60 and the other red one with the for sale sign?

if someone would buy my hemi conversion Rubicon, i would be all over this....

Very nice! I'll have to drop by and say hello sometime. Do you own the blue 60 and the other red one with the for sale sign?
Those aren't mine, I've seem them as well in Williamsburg. I'll be around this week if you want to stop by.

20160310_080544-2.jpg

I think in that market (crazy rust and high tax bracket) 25K is a good price for that rig.
Hopefully whoever bought it will take care of it and not allow it to become a rust bucket.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom