For Sale 1983 FJ60 Conversion to BJ60 with 3B Turbo Project (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1983 FJ60 With Papers , All units

3 Donor's of BJ's 60 with two 5 speeds and two fours speeds.
So 3 spare trans & 2 engines .
Blue & Green and red are BJ60s , Blue has given It's soul and trans for a rework turbo-ed 3B 5Speed .
Most parts already bought and reworked , but I got a wake up life 4 years ago ,and that put a stop to it then.
Front end and rear ends done with new upgraded front disc's and larger calipers with the upgraded master cyl size , rears brakes also but kepted as drums.

Engine 3B reworked (@ 168kms or 100K miles ,Was fine if you see the old bearings I kept) with new bearings and rings , head done (pre cups installed etc.) and turbo installed as well as 5 speed trans .
Engine & trans with updates installed and waiting for the rest.
New Radiator installed with Turbo Intercooler ,A/C Condenser and oil coolers from engine & power steering .
Hydro Assist Brakes with updated master cylinder .
OEM suspension ,shocks etc .ready to go in and hold axles .
Heater box with installed Evaporator & heater core ,
Custom made tool boxes under the front seats ,Front seats are power from Volvo 1998V70 in grey leather with Heaters & SIPS removed ,ready to bolt in when interior is installed .

Steering column is from volvo with ignition switch and keys , Column adjust in -out up-down and has a clock spring to allow power into the air bag (removed) area for the gps system .

Body has had most of the internal yota tar removed from inner doors floor and roof , Roof has had the sound deadening and reflective insulation started with a third roll bracket installed over the rear section.
Tar still on the inner rear back side rear quarter but not on the left rear quarter , Thats where the scratch was and the ONLY surface rust is.

Roof rack has been made and bolts to the gutter brackets .Gutter brackets are welded into the top gutter area for EZ removal . Rack was going to be a complement to the outside skeleton protection I was going to fab up with Aluminum tubing (not started ) Rack done but rear to allow a ladder up somehow when on wheels..

I have boxes of new parts as well as Power windows and locks for the 60 series ,plus all that I have extracted with clips , new rubbers etc. Canadian Trucks are rotten metal with decent door panels ,dash with no cracks or sun fade .
Tan has a great metal Body with surface rust only on left lower quarter outside only .Pictures show.

Now if you want more pictures , PM me of what you like .
U-tube is in the works . This sale wont happen till next year due to weather & packing up crates of parts in the shed .
Shed is 30X50 , The tan 60 FJ is hoisted on a hoist in the shop .

Green BJ is under lean too and install a battery ,poof it runs ,Blue donor is in semi gutted but great glass with a new Windshield in Parts and seals , Tan has a new WS also.

IMG_2245.JPG

Inside left rear quarter

IMG_2243.JPG

The RUST ^^^Now onto the good to the best.
IMG_2238.JPG

Left rear door lower
IMG_2240.JPG

Inside rear door

IMG_2242.JPG

On the hoist

See NO rust .

Im into this for 9500.00 USD Cost !!
I am / was a Tech till I got old.

4 trucks and tons of parts plus 3 Diesels & 4 trannys !!

Many more pictures and a video to be added.
VT

Last edited:
A few more Shots .
IMG_2230.JPG

Clean Frame

IMG_2234.JPG

Hanger for the OEM Kit

IMG_2235.JPG

Fuel Pipe to fuel tank and fittings ,Stock Black I rubberized undercoat , hitting areas that will be hidden with pipes etc. on final spray.

IMG_2233.JPG

Oil cooler lines and A/C compressor

IMG_2232.JPG

Oil Cooler and filter ,Turbo exhaust pipe with Pyrometer installed , Oil pressure bar 3 sender .

IMG_2231.JPG

R/F upper shock mount with new rubber inner liner skirt , the white is the shipping wax on the frame .
A good CRC or LPS undercoat will stick right into that wax . I don't like working with Undercoated till all is finished .Some areas I'll coat if it is being covered, but to have it be tracked all over when it's drying ,,I'll wait .
IMG_2236.JPG

L/R under quarter tail pipe hanger

IMG_2237.JPG

Left rear rocker lower quarter
IMG_2239.JPG

Inside door with the tar removed , a quick clean & ready for the Sound deadening and reflective insulation to be installed .This makes the doors sound like euro cars.Sound Deadening 6 rolls purchased , very expensive stuff , But has always worked before for me.

IMG_2241.JPG

Clean doors and seals ..

Are you going to put the axles back in to make it a roller?

I could in the spring. Were buttoned up for winter here now & all is dry .
When you get to see the videos I post up , You"ll see the diffs are in storage behind the Genie man lift. Plus I need to go get some pictures of the red BJ60 also .
VT

Last edited:
Cool, will keep an eye open for updates:hmm:

Pictures of the Red BJ60 are next . red/green run , blue = soul donor thats rebuilt.

I'm open to offers to the right person WHO can carry on . WD plus parts spec's supplied .
I know we spend more , but we drive it out.
VT

IMG_2250.JPG
IMG_2252.JPG
Just got the red Diesel fired today , I needed to get a battery into it and bleed the system out with New fuel again . Poof off it went after a few glow cycles . These are great diesels and the EDC motor worked also. I'll post Videos '
IMG_2251.JPG

VT

VT
I have NO Idea why they don't play on here , just hit the watch on you-tube lower button and watch on the tube .

Last edited:
Videos of the trucks .
This takes time since I only have small string and a can on this end ;)

VT

I have NO Idea why they don't play on here , just hit the watch on you-tube lower button and watch on the tube .

Last edited:

two more And then I Video the tan on the Hoist !!
This takes hours to do

VT

Last edited:

I'll be doing the tan BJ60 next week .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom