For Sale 1983 FJ60 Arlington, VA $10,500 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 60 Series
Mileage
Color
red
After careful consideration I've decided to part with my 60.

I'm not a Cruiser guy so I don't know too much about this truck but I kind of always wanted one so when presented with the opportunity to buy a rust free example I jumped on it without considering if I'd actually have time to get it up to snuff and on the road. This is defiantly a project but with no real rust issues you only really need to focus on mechanical and paint. Once it arrived I replaced the oil in the engine, diffs, tcase, and trans, replaced the plugs, and clutch master (it bleed out during transport). I've driven it around the neighborhood a few times but otherwise its been sitting in my driveway since November.

What I know that it needs
Paint is ugly
Suspension bushs, rod ends, etc appear to very old if not original. I've purchased replacement bushings and they are included in the sale.
Windshield is cracked (I have a replacement that is included in the sale)
Headliner is sagging, right on top of your head so pretty annoying.
Baseball sized dent on roof but the body is otherwise straight and no obvious signs of damage.
I slammed the tailgate shut and the rod fell off the actuator to release the tailgate. I tried to fish it open but have not been successful.
Runs but could use a tune

The good
Mostly rust free
Mostly original from what I can tell
I think everything (other than the ac) works.
Pretty clean interior (other than the headliner) for its age

The reality is I won't have time to get to this for at least a year so I've decided to let it go. Inspections are encouraged.

IMG_0821.JPG

IMG_0822.JPG

IMG_0823.JPG

IMG_0824.JPG

IMG_0825.JPG

Whats your bottom dollar on this one PM me? looks to be a bunch of work needed...I live about 30min from you, would love to look at it sometime.

You're gonna need @wngrog on this one for detail advice. Gonna need more fluid film! Nice project cruiser!

Very clean and nice canvas for the right buyer,great Price for sure but don’t go to low man she’s definitely worth all of what you’re asking if not a little more!
GLWS

claybar, polish, wax, then add $3k to asking price. I would be tempted if not for the distance 👍

Looks like a great platform to resurrect!
a little color sand and buff. And she is good to go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom