1983 FJ60 AC idler pulley and lower coolant hose pipe

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I cannot get piece of the lower coolant pipe that attaches to the "isolator" underneath the AC mounting bracket to NOT come in contact with the seemingly useless AC idler pulley bracket as shown below. Is there any good way/order to install these three pieces such that :

1) The pipes and noses do NOT interfere or rub up against the belts,
2) There is no contact between the idler pullet and this pipe bracket,

?

Note that I blasted the pipe and painted it red for visibility. Here is the issue shown below:

0302a90a-f2e3-4b10-aa48-66cd5b799899-jpeg.1572587

I replaced all my hoses last year. This was a booger...mainly because it requires some manipulation of several pieces. Lube your hose connections with 50/50 mix of dish soap n water. This helps. Also the slotted tab you show in pic screwed down by the nut , be prepared to bend the tab gently as necessary, may be others did not, but I did.
You gain clearance on the clamps if you keep the clamp head facing away.

If I recall I connected from top down and then tightened everything up after it was all together. My 2 cents n good luck

I replaced all my hoses last year. This was a booger...mainly because it requires some manipulation of several pieces. Lube your hose connections with 50/50 mix of dish soap n water. This helps. Also the slotted tab you show in pic screwed down by the nut , be prepared to bend the tab gently as necessary, may be others did not, but I did.
You gain clearance on the clamps if you keep the clamp head facing away.

If I recall I connected from top down and then tightened everything up after it was all together. My 2 cents n good luck

Thanks for the response. I’m bot sure I follow when you said “the slotted tab you showed in the pic screwed down by the nut”, can you elaborate a bit or maybe have a pic ? I appreciate any help, especially if I am installing something wrong.

Thanks all for the help. I think I got this all together OK but now have leaks with hoses that I did NOT re-install. I am starting another thread for that.

Thanks all for the help. I think I got this all together OK but now have leaks with hoses that I did NOT re-install. I am starting another thread for that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom