SOLD 1983 BJ60 5 speed - Idaho $11,000 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 60 Series
Mileage
Color
Red
IMG_0786.jpg

IMG_0785.jpg

IMG_0787.jpg

IMG_0788.jpg

IMG_0799.jpg

1983 BJ60
3B inline six factory Diesel engine with the 5 speed manual transmission
398,200 KM - 247,430 miles
imported from Canada into north Idaho
I purchased it in 2017

New in 2017

all belts, fluids and filters were changed after purchased
brakes
brake lines
tires
front shocks
glow plugs
bumper ends
rebuilt radiator
headlights (Daniel Sterns)
batteries

new since then
OME rear suspension (light duty springs,OME nitro shocks, anti inversion shackles, greasable pins, OME bushings, u bolts) - 2020
rebuilt from knuckles - 2019
new SOR heater core - 2018
muffler and pipe - 2019
New driver and passenger door seals - 2018
injection pump diaphragm - 2020
clutch slave cylinder - 2019
new three point seatbelts for the rear seats - 2018
spindle bearings 2019
wheel bearings - 2019
front seals - 2019
repaired front seat vinyl - 2021

The good:
Interior is in great shape and overall the is very original

everything except the things listed below work great

The not so good:
rust
Its rusty from those salty roads of the great white north. I had a few spots professionally welded on the frame when I purchased it and have had not problems. I was even able to get all the bolts off with PB parts buster when I put the new OME suspension on in 2020

rear defrost and rear windshield spray don't work

I'm located in Ketchum, Idaho please feel free to come take him for a spin.

I wouldn't hesitate to drive this thing anywhere. I have a lot of blood sweat and tears in the car and it shows when you drive it. I'm selling it because I purchased a '88 FJ62 and the BJ60 handles better and has more power with the manual transmission than the FJ62.

Message me if you have any questions.

More pictures to come

Last edited:
Can you post additional pictures of the rust areas and frame repairs that have been done? Interior pictures would also be great.

Was it hard to find parts for it?
The only thing that was a little hard was the injection pump diaphragm that I ordered on eBay and it came from the Middle East. Other than that I’ve had not issues.

9C28636F-B71D-42D5-ABD1-4A379A6B861E.jpeg
000905C7-B771-42C0-AFB5-C8303F184A04.jpeg

Here are a few of the welds on the frame. A little hard to tell where they are after 4 years. They still look good.

Very cool Truck. Have one as well but in the brown color. I’m certain you know this but it’s actually a 4 cylinder diesel. May be a typo in your opening statement but might mislead potential buyers that are not aware of this. Good luck with the sale. Don’t see a lot of these come up too often.

Very cool Truck. Have one as well but in the brown color. I’m certain you know this but it’s actually a 4 cylinder diesel. May be a typo in your opening statement but might mislead potential buyers that are not aware of this. Good luck with the sale. Don’t see a lot of these come up too often.
You’re absolutely right. Maybe I was thinking of my new rig when I was typing it up. I’ll change it as soon as I can figure out how to edit. Thanks

Very cool truck! Shame how many panels are rusty. Hopefully the next buyer has a body man or woman in the family 😁

Well I feel really dumb because I can't figure out how to edit my listing.

I am lowering the price to $10,000.

If anyone can point in the direction of a thread that shows how to change your listing that would be appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom