For Sale 1983 BJ46 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Up for sale is a rare, legally imported and currently titled in Virginia, 1983 Diesel Toyota Land Cruiser model BJ46. The BJ46 is a factory extended version of the iconic FJ40 with a 14” longer wheel base and the desirable & fuel efficient 3.4L 4 cylinder 3B Toyota Diesel power plant mated to a 4-speed transmission and 2-speed transfer case. This truck was directly imported from Japan, so it is a right hand drive truck, has a 24-volt (dual batteries) electrical system and a factory PTO winch (I think it has never been used/original wire tie on cable still in place). This BJ46 has factory fog lights, a 2nd row factory bench back seat that can accommodate 3 people or folds down, push button vacuum activated 4WD, factory power assisted clutch, factory power disc brakes, factory power steering, factory super glow plug system, factory air conditioning, rotary Diesel injection pump, factory oversized mirrors mounted on front fenders, sliding glass windows on hard top, swing out rear ambulance doors, factory chrome bumper, bumperettes and grill, original spare tire carrier, 5 new tires, new metal rain gutter, new headliner, fresh paint done in Toyota´s distinct Freeborn Red (color code 309) with all Toyota glass in really good shape. This truck has been gone over with a fine toothed comb and I would not hesitate to drive it anywhere. It starts up immediately, even when cold, with just a bump of the starter.
A little history: Toyota made the 40 series Land Cruiser from 1960 to 1984. This 1983 has all the improvements and refinements that evolved over the 20+ years of Land Cruisers that preceded it while still retaining that classic 40 series look.

Starting bid is 25,000.00 so if you are interested please use Ebay or PM me. Thanks

more pictures on ebay link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BJ46...=STRK:MESELX:IT&forcev4exp=true#ht_500wt_1182

DSC_0721.jpg

DSC_0726.jpg

DSC_0733.jpg

Last edited:
I drove this truck before he painted it, had great power, no smoke at start up, no signs of any diesel related issues (and I know all about that from spending the last 8 years working on my good friends HJ47 which smoked up the neighborhood when started cold and had no power. It was a really good running and sounding Diesel.

The truck started right up cold, just a puff of black smoke like it was supposed to. No smoke under full throttle under load. Shifted great. Had a cool clutch booster and PS. Drove awesome, had good power and pulled nicely through the gears.

Jorge bought it right after I test drove it, the timing was not right for me to buy it as I had full plate at the time, but I have often regretted not buying this truck myself.

Great job on the resto Jorge! You are clearly a man of many talents!

Full disclosure, I do not know Jorge other than having a mutual friend. I just drove the truck when it was for sale before.

-Stumbaugh

Everything I want! Too bad that would be all I'd have after the wife divorces me for spending our money... No, she'd take it too... Just beautiful... BUMP ... GLWS!

4 speed gearbox is more pleasant to drive than 5 speed ....

BUt with 5 speed , less consumption

I have a 4 speed with the additional factory O/D it rocks. (IMO)

Nice Rig, Will tell my friends about this one.

I also have BJ44 RHD DIESEL too, I Might sell it..
Its not as clean as yours, but its nice!

here check it out
994789_547554901953270_1972514199_n.jpg

do you have more pictures of yours?
i will tell my friends about yours , Email me @ Westtoyconnection@yahoo.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom