For Sale 1983 BJ46 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Up for sale is a rare, legally imported and currently titled in Virginia, 1983 Diesel Toyota Land Cruiser model BJ46. The BJ46 is a factory extended version of the iconic FJ40 with a 14” longer wheel base and the desirable & fuel efficient 3.4L 4 cylinder 3B Toyota Diesel power plant mated to a 4-speed transmission and 2-speed transfer case. This truck was directly imported from Japan, so it is a right hand drive truck, has a 24-volt (dual batteries) electrical system and a factory PTO winch (I think it has never been used/original wire tie on cable still in place). This BJ46 has factory fog lights, a 2nd row factory bench back seat that can accommodate 3 people or folds down, push button vacuum activated 4WD, factory power assisted clutch, factory power disc brakes, factory power steering, factory super glow plug system, factory air conditioning, rotary Diesel injection pump, factory oversized mirrors mounted on front fenders, sliding glass windows on hard top, swing out rear ambulance doors, factory chrome bumper, bumperettes and grill, original spare tire carrier, 5 new tires, new metal rain gutter, new headliner, fresh paint done in Toyota´s distinct Freeborn Red (color code 309) with all Toyota glass in really good shape. This truck has been gone over with a fine toothed comb and I would not hesitate to drive it anywhere. It starts up immediately, even when cold, with just a bump of the starter.
A little history: Toyota made the 40 series Land Cruiser from 1960 to 1984. This 1983 has all the improvements and refinements that evolved over the 20+ years of Land Cruisers that preceded it while still retaining that classic 40 series look.

Starting bid is 25,000.00 so if you are interested please use Ebay or PM me. Thanks

more pictures on ebay link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BJ46...=STRK:MESELX:IT&forcev4exp=true#ht_500wt_1182

DSC_0721.jpg

DSC_0726.jpg

DSC_0733.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice cruiser, hope you get your price. Mike

Gorgeous BJ:)

at what point in 1983/84 did they make the BJ46 5spd instead of the 4?

Yes! It is registered and titled in VA and on the tittle under fuel says diesel. Truck doesn't have factory paint on it. Truck has been recently painted with Toyota color code paint

Sent from my iPhone using IH8MUD

If it is last version , it should have factory power steering but also gearbox 5 gears H55F and not 4 gears
as you tell ??

Thanks for your imput nbcnb! But I never said last version! 1984 was the last year and version! Those came with the 5 speed as you imply

Sent from my iPhone using IH8MUD

Simply awesome. Pity it's a 4 speed though - sourcing a B series 5 speed with a 40 series top loader is getting a bit harder. Having said that, I'd still swap!

Josh

Simply awesome. Pity it's a 4 speed though - sourcing a B series 5 speed with a 40 series top loader is getting a bit harder. Having said that, I'd still swap!

Josh

I drove this rig Sunday. It does just fine with a 4 speed. :)

Quicker, easier, and cheaper to buy one already done. Trust me, as we are doing my FJ43 now. Might take while to find the right buyer but I imagine this will go pretty quick. Very nice.

4 speed gearbox is more pleasant to drive than 5 speed ....

BUt with 5 speed , less consumption

I tend to agree. I did my BJ42 up to this level. As much as it was a fun project it's good to find something done and you can enjoy. Often cheaper in the long run as well.

nbcnb said:
4 speed gearbox is more pleasant to drive than 5 speed ....

BUt with 5 speed , less consumption

Now that's something I've never, ever heard before... How on earth is a four speed 'more pleasant' than a 5? Do you think the sound of your engine at 3200 rpm is pleasant? That's all I can think of.

Don't get me wrong, the cruiser four speed is bullet proof, but 'more pleasant' has never been an expression I thought to use when comparing it to a 5 speed. If anything, I'd say that cruising at 70 is more pleasant than cruising at 55.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom