1983 BJ42 LX pics (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just finally learned how to resize and post pics of my 1983 BJ42 LX. Will be doing a frame up resto shortly. Has 5 speed, a/c, p/s and whatever else? New to diesels so should be fun!

Last edited:
Why bother with the resto, that thing looks mint already. Nice truck.

What you doing wit a right hand driver in N.C.?

Probably has a 1982 manufacture date.

Already titled in which it shows the short VIN number, MFG date is 6/83, titled as 83, dont know how the guy I bought it from did it but he found a loop hole somewhere? Came from AUS originally all numbers match up. It is in very good condition but still want to bring it back to life, no rust issues except for rear sill of course and the bottom of the ambulance doors and a couple of small holes in floor boards, other than that it is solid, dont think I want to keep it the original 033 white though and I am going to do some small customizing ideas, but for the most part it will stay original. I have already started collecting new parts and when I get everything then I will tear her down and have everything rebuilt, frame acid dipped and galvanized, parrts powdercoated, soundproofed, yada, yada, yada. I will be taking alot of pics and posting as it happens. Look forward to the money pit!

Keep us posted. I am looking to do the same with my 1981 BJ44! Let me know how the galvanizing and powdercoating goes. How are you going to do the soundproofing?

Thanks!

K

I forget the name of the company but right now they are running a special of 20% off till end of the month for the soundproofing in which I am going to do the full deluxe soundproofing and then put a pre formed carpet kit in also! The acid dip/ galvanizing was posted here not to long ago and I called the company which is located here in NC and it is a total of .56 cents per pound which for the frame and skidplates about $250-300. and then I will paint with 2 part POR.

that small seat actually folds up against the wall and the other 2 seater portion I am missing just folds forward!

Yeah its very clean, besides some leaks here and there it is solid and straight underneath, I guess coming from AUS and its nice and dry over there?

MORE 83 BJ42 LX pics

more pics! I need to fix/ Braze my radiator, slight leak around top tube

Last edited:
Strange exhaust manifold !

If you are going to strip and restore....might be interesting to look at converting to LHD.

I actually thought about that but then it would take away from what it is, the value, and where it came from. I have actually gotten used to it, and a funny thing is I am right handed but the other day after driving it for awhile I stopped to eat and found myself eating with my left hand which was wierd because I didnt even know I was doing it! Maybe I will be amadexterous (spell check)

NICE rig. RHD is the pooh! I have found it easier to drive a RHD in the states then I could have imagined. As for switching it to a LHD!! That would be the dumbest thing ever, I mean that is what makes your cruiser a unique ride.

No, the dumbest thing ever would be pulling the diesel and swapping in a Chevy v8.

Thank you brothers! It will be rebuilt as stock and always gets strange looks from others on the road. And not to many diesel LC's around here. I am enjoying it and look forward to making it new again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom