1983 BJ 60 Running gear (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Running gear out a 1983 BJ 60 i am parting out (out of an insured and running truck as of Nov 2006), includes, 3B diesel engine (230,231 miles), 4 spd trans c/w shifter, Transfer case c/w shifter, Radiator and hoses, Air Cleaner assembly (BJ60), Under hood wiring harness (complete), Bellhousing has good working OEM tach sensor and harness included.

Available as a complete unit not including PS components ..............SOLD

Power Steering (Components for PS only) alone for 60 conversion.....SOLD

Pickup on the engine would be best, or buyer to arrange shipping, as i have never shipped anything this big and heavy before.

Best Regards

Gord

Last edited:
do you have the fuel lift pump?

Last edited:
Gord.......Thinking about pricing out a swap from my 60 how much would it cost to ship this puppy to MO, USA

Thanks

lunyou

Gord.......Thinking about pricing out a swap from my 60 how much would it cost to ship this puppy to MO, USA

Thanks

lunyou

i have never shipped anything this big before...a guess would say $1000.00....but pickup would be best...

Gord

Yeah i figured the shipping would be terrible but the trip to BC from Missouri would be a beating in itself in a FJ60 with a small trailer.

lunyou

new price for complete unit........see original posting

Best Regards

Gord

Last edited:
I am very interested, but like I mention, a medical bill kinda took away my diesel money stash. :frown:

I am very interested, but like I mention, a medical bill kinda took away my diesel money stash. :frown:

well you know if you don't have your health, not much else matters

hope thing's are better for you. its only an engine, and there will be more around if this one does not find its way to you.

best regards

Gord

Gord do you come across these motors often?? Right after I complete my body work(rust repair and paint) on my chop top I will begin looking for a Toy diesel to drop into my truck. A complete set up like this would be awesome but will take some saving to come up with the money......just wonderin how often you come across these setups.

lunyou

lunyou, i prolly dont have to tell ya, but even if it costs 3K to your door, its a steal for a nearly drop in swap.

Gord do you come across these motors often?? Right after I complete my body work(rust repair and paint) on my chop top I will begin looking for a Toy diesel to drop into my truck. A complete set up like this would be awesome but will take some saving to come up with the money......just wonderin how often you come across these setups.

lunyou

not as often as they used to be....i have 2 complete setups right now ( this one and a 5 spd combination also) and i am always looking ...so it's all a matter of timing as i see it

Best regards

Gord

lunyou, i prolly dont have to tell ya, but even if it costs 3K to your door, its a steal for a nearly drop in swap.

Hey you can tell me anything you want.....that what this site is all about.

I have been watching this motor tranny combo for a while wishing I could afford it. I can get a great hookup on some WVO and create my own diesel. Gord has a great price on this.

I was hoping either to find a complete setup like this or a 2H with everthing except the tranny since I have the 4 spd that will bolt directly to the 2H......3B takes a different tranny or some work to make it fit.

Bump for a great deal....although for mysake I wish this thread would get hidden for a while until I can afford it. ;)

lunyou

Shipping

If you could post you pickup address, I will try to run a freight quote to the Kansas City, KS area. I need to know a few things.

1) Can you leave it on the roller stand?
2) Can you palletize it? On the roller stand, or without it?
3) Is the pickup location a business or residence?
4) Do you have the ability to load the engine on a semi, or do you need one with a lift gate?
5) It would be best to have some side and top protection for the unit. Can you fabricate something out of wood or preferably steel?
6) Do you have any way of weighing the unit? Weight?_____ pounds
7) I will need dimensions length _____ x width _____ x height ______.

Thanks
Craig

If you could post you pickup address, I will try to run a freight quote to the Kansas City, KS area. I need to know a few things.

1) Can you leave it on the roller stand?
2) Can you palletize it? On the roller stand, or without it?
3) Is the pickup location a business or residence?
4) Do you have the ability to load the engine on a semi, or do you need one with a lift gate?
5) It would be best to have some side and top protection for the unit. Can you fabricate something out of wood or preferably steel?
6) Do you have any way of weighing the unit? Weight?_____ pounds
7) I will need dimensions length _____ x width _____ x height ______.

Thanks
Craig

Hi Craig

I can either leave it on the roller stand or remove the wheels and place it on a pallet, pickup location is my residence and a lift gate would be best or a small trailer as i have an engine hoist, but a semi would be a somewhat difficult unless it were equipped with a hiab crane, i can fabricate side protection out of wood...

have no way of weighing it though ( i would think someone here would know what the weight would be) but i would hazard a guess of 700 lbs

the size of the pallet would be approx 60' L x 24" W x 30" H

best regards

Gord.................. tdilad@gmail.com

Last edited:
Sounds great...I will check, but I still need the pickup information with street, city, state, zip code etc...
Craig
craiga@sunflower.com

Well that sure makes sense, i kinda forgot the important info..oh well im an old F**K so thats to be expected....:):):)

i sent you a PM with the Pickup address here in BC

Best Regards

Gord

Nice olive drab FJ40

Gord,
I have seen your rig around the 100 hundred mile area recently.Nice truck,i'm located in the 150 Mile area.Did you do the frame up on your Fj40 or can recommend someone in the area?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom