craigslist 1982 Toyota fj40 4X4 Land Cruiser - $24,995 (Petersburg) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
=========== NOTE - These are not mine, contact the seller via the Craigslist Ad =================

Willing to trade my rust free California Toyota FJ 40 Land Cruiser for something interesting of equal value. Please no junk or projects. Factory power steering 6 cylinder 4 speed. New tires and rims. Winch and rollbar. What do you have to trade. Cash is always king. Make me an offer.

00u0u_j4niuUhIkJoz_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

00v0v_lEkM0fduk34z_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

00404_lj0MAxhfl1Zz_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

01010_io1o2UFiqJnz_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

01414_87PwX2LSkcBz_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

more
1662269520403.png

overspray everywhere
bondo? in the rear sill area
very long pitman arm
not factory power steering
odd frame mount under brake master
etc
look at this in person
proceed cautiously

I texted with the seller, it’s an open California title for sale, without a bill of sale…signed by the PO in California…

This one doesn’t pass the smell test.

I texted with the seller, it’s an open California title for sale, without a bill of sale…signed by the PO in California…

This one doesn’t pass the smell test.

no way that was legal in CA

I have a very similar York style A/C compressor & driver side idler pully on my 79. (dealer installed Clardy A/C system)

I have not seen power steering with this setup.

I went and saw this one for my first FJ; this is what I saw.

Body:

Bondo, every corner they didn't even sand it, you could see little holes in the Bondo.

They used what looked like spray paint everywhere; there was runoff, and some places were not covered at all.

Most glasses are in ok shape, but the seals are rotten. The windshield had 3 large rock chips.

Front doors didn't even have seals.

You could see rust on all the hinges.

The bolts were painted too.

The chassis looked ok didn't see any significant rust.

The engine sounded healthy after it warmed up.

The transmission was sound and went through all gears with no problem. No major leak underneath. No grinding noises.

The carburetor needs to be cleaned and runs very rough when cold, and the choke needs to be adjusted.

As you guys said, the power steering is in the wired position, but it works, although it was leaking somewhere on top could find where.

It has an air compressor mounted on the top right side of the engine that feeds to the holding tank on the back, which is badly welded to the original bumper🙄. All the hoses are in bad shape.

All lights and electronics works for now, but the wires are loose and used cheap connectors and exposed.

The suspension is terrible, and each corner has a different color shock. It needs some serious help. It was a scary ride when it got to 50+ MPH. Possibly needs new steering damper too.

The front axle was leaking from both sides.

Everything is there to be worked on and fix. but the owner is now asking 22500, which I think is too much for all that work that needs to be done.

What are your thoughts?

I went and saw this one for my first FJ; this is what I saw.

Body:

Bondo, every corner they didn't even sand it, you could see little holes in the Bondo.

They used what looked like spray paint everywhere; there was runoff, and some places were not covered at all.

Most glasses are in ok shape, but the seals are rotten. The windshield had 3 large rock chips.

Front doors didn't even have seals.

You could see rust on all the hinges.

The bolts were painted too.

The chassis looked ok didn't see any significant rust.

The engine sounded healthy after it warmed up.

The transmission was sound and went through all gears with no problem. No major leak underneath. No grinding noises.

The carburetor needs to be cleaned and runs very rough when cold, and the choke needs to be adjusted.

As you guys said, the power steering is in the wired position, but it works, although it was leaking somewhere on top could find where.

It has an air compressor mounted on the top right side of the engine that feeds to the holding tank on the back, which is badly welded to the original bumper🙄. All the hoses are in bad shape.

All lights and electronics works for now, but the wires are loose and used cheap connectors and exposed.

The suspension is terrible, and each corner has a different color shock. It needs some serious help. It was a scary ride when it got to 50+ MPH. Possibly needs new steering damper too.

The front axle was leaking from both sides.

Everything is there to be worked on and fix. but the owner is now asking 22500, which I think is too much for all that work that needs to be done.

What are your thoughts?

Any positives at all?

If you are capable of writing out that list then you already answered your own question.

Any positives at all?
If you are capable of writing out that list then you already answered your own question.
The positive is that all the base is there but needs work.

I guess what I was looking for to see if you guys who have some experience in this field would entertain the idea of an FJ with all these issues to fix up and if the price was right?

Maybe at 1/10th the price?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom