1982 Land Cruiser BJ42 Restoration (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey everyone,

Been thinking about doing this for a while but would any one on here be interested in watching a Canadian dudes semi-professional documentary YouTube series on restoring a vintage Land Cruiser? I’m doing 99-100 percent of the work myself and will be uploading shortly. I’ll add a link to the YouTube channel but I was wondering if anyone would be interested in it and also interested in featuring or adding their thoughts.

Let me know :)

:popcorn:

Welcome!!! I have a 82 also. wont be doing a body off but will go aqualu in a few years.

Will depend on quality and content

Wicked I’ll post the YouTube channel tonight and I’ll let everyone know when the first episode goes up. Now that I know there’s interest I’ll kick it into high gear.

Alright guys! Here's your teaser, I'm still filming the first part of the restorations but just hit subscribe if your interested and you'll be the first to know when its up! :p

Don't tease, It's close irresistible !

:cheers:

here you go my guys. I was dreading the first episode because its mostly just going over whats already been done but let me know what you think regardless! :p

You probably want to start at the beginning and at least explain what you have done to date and why as a lot of people have no clue and will get confused as all go get when you say you have a BJ42 and they presume what they are seeing is a BJ42 when it may have been but now has a different tub to start with.

If you want to get people to buy in you need to do better with your sound quality and also your imagery. No point saying I am going to remove the sump and then explain it and file you lying under the truck and then making banging noise etc . You need to get footage of the sump, show the bolts, show where you lever etc.

All that being said if it was easy to do top quality video's then everyone would do it. If you look around on places like YouTube you will soon see videos with bit views are either very well done or cover niche subject matter very well. If you find some of the big guys like Mighty Car Mods for example and look at their early stuff then jump ahead a few years you will see the quality grow. A more Land Cruiser oriented example would be Proffits Resurrection ... look at his early ones and then his later one. He soon worked out having Chandra in their got him more hits as did better editing and a more generic layout that could be followed week after week.

Anyway it depends on what you are trying to achieve but I find most people are doing it for either views / $$$ / Popularity in which case change a few things or they are doing it to keep a video log and don't care to much about the previous points.

Either way keep it up always good to see another cruiser guy spinning spanners and not paying one of the many seldfappointed cruiser expert shops to do it for them

You probably want to start at the beginning and at least explain what you have done to date and why as a lot of people have no clue and will get confused as all go get when you say you have a BJ42 and they presume what they are seeing is a BJ42 when it may have been but now has a different tub to start with.

If you want to get people to buy in you need to do better with your sound quality and also your imagery. No point saying I am going to remove the sump and then explain it and file you lying under the truck and then making banging noise etc . You need to get footage of the sump, show the bolts, show where you lever etc.

All that being said if it was easy to do top quality video's then everyone would do it. If you look around on places like YouTube you will soon see videos with bit views are either very well done or cover niche subject matter very well. If you find some of the big guys like Mighty Car Mods for example and look at their early stuff then jump ahead a few years you will see the quality grow. A more Land Cruiser oriented example would be Proffits Resurrection ... look at his early ones and then his later one. He soon worked out having Chandra in their got him more hits as did better editing and a more generic layout that could be followed week after week.

Anyway it depends on what you are trying to achieve but I find most people are doing it for either views / $$$ / Popularity in which case change a few things or they are doing it to keep a video log and don't care to much about the previous points.

Either way keep it up always good to see another cruiser guy spinning spanners and not paying one of the many seldfappointed cruiser expert shops to do it for them

I couldn’t agree with you more. Appreciate the feed back man. First time ever doing something like this so I’ve been doing a lot more research for sure. Next weeks should be an easier one to do just based on the fact that what I’m going to be doing is more interesting as well. And quite honestly. Filming myself work on a truck is not what I’m into. It’s driving the truck and scenic photography that gets me going. (Which will be in the series later on for sure). Cheers mate.

Where is the BJ42? Looks like you have FJ40 or BJ40 with 3B engine (maybe).

Where is the BJ42? Looks like you have FJ40 or BJ40 with 3B engine (maybe).

I don’t know if this comment is satiricle or not. That is what a BJ42 is. It’s a BJ40 with a 3B instead of a B. The 40s were older, 42s are newer. 81+ I believe. There probably other things that differ to but as far as I’m aware you wouldn’t find a bj40 with a 3B stock. Anyone else have any feed back on this?

Also for some reason YouTube didn’t upload the whole video. So I’ll be fixing that today. Sorry guys.

The reason people are asking is that the body shown is NOT a BJ42 as the BJ42 had the later body with tank under the seat, different dash etc so even if you had done a rear tub I would think the dash would still be BJ42 which I do not think yours is.

What is the chassis number ? Does it start with BJ42 ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom