SOLD 1982 FJ60 - Restored Sky Blue Metallic - SW Florida (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 60 Series
Mileage
Outside Link
https://www.ebay.com/itm/184822853036
Hi all,

It's time to pass on my 1982 FJ60 with ~212k miles.
A little background:
The vehicle spent 34 years on the west coast (California 1982-2002; Oregon 2002-2016) before I acquired it 5 years ago (2016).
I had it restored in New York and briefly listed it for sale in NY before changing my mind and taking her with me to Florida where it's been since 2016. Here's that listing showing some photos of it's original condition, it was mostly rust free with an impeccable frame and straight body: 82 Blue FJ60 NYC

In 2020 I had the vehicle refreshed\restored again, to address some surface rust that appeared on the rear drip rails. Both sides of the rear drip rails were cut out and expertly replaced with completely clean metal from an Arizona donor. During this second glass-out resto I had all the usual spots revisited - (bottom of doors, dog legs, etc) to ensure there were no signs of rust. The entire vehicle was completely repainted and I opted for de-chromed glass gaskets.
At this time the new SOR interior was installed (very fresh carpet) and new tires (probably less than 15 miles on them).

Maintenance and other work for this vehicle includes:
Conversion from dealer installed York compressor to modern Sanden R134A system with new custom hoses and fittings + other OEM AC components.
New manifold gasket and related work.
New OEM carb insulator base plate.
Carb rebuild.
Valve adjustments and other tune-ups over the years.
Newer X2 Power Premium battery.
New BGF A/T 31x10.5x15 Tires
New OEM tail lenses.
New OEM front and back bumpers with OEM end caps (yes you read that right, both were bought new!)
New OEM hood heat shield.
Underbody coating in 2016 has held up extremely well (still shiny).
New SOR premium carpet and interior trim components.
*New SOR rear lower tailgate carpet included in sale but not mounted.*
New de-chrome glass weatherstrip for Windshield, 2x cargo glass, and rear hatch.
New air cleaner hose.
All new weatherstrip and gaskets all around,
Dashcap from PO.
OME lift kit with anti-inversion shackles. (front shackle is on backwards but does not affect drivability).
+ numerous other parts, mostly OEM whenever possible.

I have a nice set of OEM snakeblinders, OEM mud flaps, and door sills that are included in the sale but not mounted.

It starts, runs, and drives well. AC blows icy cold. 4x4 appears to work but I've only tested on flat pavement.
The minor "issues" I can think of are:
The aforementioned shackles, a slight tear on the drivers seat, steering wheel alignment not clocked at 12.

I've really enjoyed taking her on 5 mile, weekend drives with the family to get coffee or to the local car shows (it's a small town) but she's really not getting much use and it's time to pass her on.
It's also listed for sale on eBay, where you can find an Autocheck (which incorrectly states that I'm the 3rd, 4th, and 5th owner when I'm actually the 2nd or 3rd).
eBay link: 1982 Toyota Land Cruiser | eBay - https://www.ebay.com/itm/184822853036
Google Photos: 1982 Blue Toyota Land Cruiser FJ60 - https://photos.app.goo.gl/qT3mLDA4N23aFoPs7

Asking $34,900.
If you're interested send me a message.
Thanks for looking.
IMG_2560.JPEG

IMG_2539.JPEG

IMG_2363.JPEG

IMG_2408.JPEG

Beautiful truck! Love that color blue!

Your truck looks great! Is that the factory blue metallic (861) or did you pick something different? What color was the truck originally? Good luck with the auction!

Your truck looks great! Is that the factory blue metallic (861) or did you pick something different? What color was the truck originally? Good luck with the auction!
Yep, it's repainted in it's original color - blue metallic 861.

A few more pics. New OEM lenses, bumpers, end caps,

IMG_2492.JPEG
IMG_2494.JPEG
IMG_2491.JPEG
IMG_2451.JPEG
IMG_2450.JPEG

Well, just the little bit that can be seen in your engine bay pictures, there is stuff missing and stuff disconnected. Does it still have a catalytic converter?

Stuff missing - EGR, air injection rail, altitude compensator, the ASV ( control valve for the air injection system) and the metal “spaghetti” piping for the vacuum hoses. Pretty sure that’s a partial list.

Look, I think it’s a great 60. I think somebody buying it needs to be told or at least know that in its current condition, it’s a long way from being able to pass a visual and tailpipe emissions test. There are a lot of urban areas where without being able to pass - no plates. This truck isn’t old enough (75 and older) to not have to test. To make it “whole” again is easier said than done, even if you have all the parts. Not to mention the cost.

Look, I think it’s a great 60. I think somebody buying it needs to be told or at least know that in its current condition, it’s a long way from being able to pass a visual and tailpipe emissions test. There are a lot of urban areas where without being able to pass - no plates. This truck isn’t old enough (75 and older) to not have to test. To make it “whole” again is easier said than done, even if you have all the parts. Not to mention the cost.
good thing we dont have these nanny state inspections in the GOAT state of Florida

No emissions testing in S. Georgia either.:)

The vehicle is up to 31K on eBay and I'm interested but It would be good to get some of these questions cleared up.

The vehicle is registered and driven in Florida. I can't speak to each state's hypothetical inspection requirements. The vehicle is provided as-is and I'm happy to provide photos of the engine bay and chassis, I'm not a smog\emissions expert so I'm not aware of all the parts you listed, but if there's a serious buyer I can put them in touch with my mechanic to have their specific questions answered. As mentioned I did not remove any parts, therefore no extra parts are provided.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom