1982 FJ60 fuel problem (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That tank looks clean enough on the outside that it may have already been replaced on the recall.
The tank doesn’t appear to have much rust. I do see a lot of black slugde. I’m assuming this is from ethanol fuel sitting +-4yrs. Thoughts?

Update...I searched my VIN on Toyota website. The VIN has active recall for fuel tank. I will be contacting Toyota direct tomorrow.
Any advice on communicating with Toyota regarding this recall would be appreciated!

Nice! That’s great news. Definitely search the forum and read up. You’re likely to meet resistance unless you happen to get in touch with the right people.

Read up on a few of the threads on here around the tank recall. Mine did it without blinking but it will show a kit that some of the lines come in a kit that is NLA. A good dealership will say no problem and just make those lines up and a bad one will use it as an excuse not to do the work. If they will do the work go ahead and buy a new pick up from them and have it replaced and you will be all new. I will look for my post where I included my experience along with receipts and post it...good luck.

Last edited:
Here you go...cost me $209 with a new pickup...good luck.

Here you go...cost me $209 with a new pickup...good luck.

Thanks

@Onur posted up all the part #'s needed for the recall, some come up as not available but IIRC they are just straight fuel line/hose

Picked up my cruiser from the dealership. New fuel tank, pickup, and sending unit replaced through recall! Cruiser runs perfect! Enjoyed the drive to the coffee shop this morning. Thanks to you all for making me aware of the recall.
The only other problem I’ve found those far...when I push high beam switch forward the headlights turn off. If I pull switch back high beams work as they should. Any ideas of problem?
5E8BCDE7-3CB2-436C-B717-55E3BF845682.jpeg
5B8304EE-0D85-4985-A469-24D3788FD7CC.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom