For Sale SOLD 1982 FJ60 dubbed Buster Brown (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1982 Toyota FJ60 Land Cruiser from California de-smogged. $1,000,000.00

19,321 on rebuilt long block install. 239321K and counting on the frame. Dream of keeping him squashed by reality.

Builds - Buster Brown-Slow maintenance, slow owner, slowing my roll way down.

Per documentation of previous owner prior to his purchase, at 220K miles the following was performed:

Rebuilt long block 2F engine with domed head installed with rebuilt Man-A-Fre H55F five speed manual transmission/transfer case. Entire driveline rebuilt to accommodate five speed conversion. New radiator, new power steering pump, new R134a A/C, rebuilt alternator, distributor, and starter. New Spector Heavy Duty 2 ½” suspension lift.

The maintenance items completed in the last year per maintenance notes and my memory are as follows:

REFRESH ITEMS COMPLETE

Front and rear axles rebuilt (new gaskets, bearings and race still in great shape, spares purchased)

Front and rear brakes all new calipers, pads, rotors, drums, soft lines, rear hard lines, emergency brake cable.

Aftermarket rims sandblasted and painted, new 33x12.50x15 tires, front sway bar added, Man-A-Fre brackets.

All new Toyota hoses, vacuum lines, and gas lines

New replacement gas tank from Toyota

New rear seat belts per recall.

Properly De-smogged the 2F inline 6 cylinder

New cap, rotor, wires, plugs

New voltage regulator on alternator

New non-USA carburetor

New exhaust with cat delete

Fluids changed in h55f transmission, transfer case, front and rear axle, radiator flush (green)

Extended Center soft brake lines installed.

Front driver hard brake line replaced.

Rear heat delete.

New intake/exhaust manifold gasket torqued to 29 ft/lb

H4 headlight upgrade (relay and heavy gauge wire)

Interior vinyl floor covering in front.

Interior door cards with custom vinyl (I like, you may not)

JVC mid line blue tooth stereo with pioneer component system, Sound Ordinance 8” powered subwoofer in Tuffy center console unit. Hands free phone!!

IN THE WORKS (not done but n the list as time permits):

Map A/C circuit to see if it is possible to tie into dash controls (rheostat under passenger dash) and A/C idle up vacuum valve on head.

Windshield squirter inoperative.

Heater core disconnected, diagnose and fix.

CB installed in dash but not hooked up.

Last edited:
@yotadude520 there’s plenty of meat left on the bone with this truck. Roof is intact without rust but the seams need attention. Check out my signature line. Click on page 10 and 11 of busters signature. Those pictures are brutally honest on the body surface rust. It’s not bad other than the quarter panels. I have also gotten a request for pictures of the front axel and rear storage. I will get those up too.

Go Devil in my head!! Yeah.

@yotadude520 there’s plenty of meat left on the bone with this truck. Roof is intact without rust but the seams need attention. Check out my signature line. Click on page 10 and 11 of busters signature. Those pictures are brutally honest on the body surface rust. It’s not bad other than the quarter panels. I have also gotten a request for pictures of the front axel and rear storage. I will get those up too.

Go Devil in my head!! Yeah.

I'll go check them out! And I have wanted a 60 for a long time and I did just sell my Cherokee...ugh.

And what's left to do to make it perfect is what I meant lol.

Haha! To make it perfect? V8 conversion...nope. Just sit in the drivers seat and drive. Everything else just melts away. I have replaced the deficiencies and I repair what shows weakness as I go along. You would have to drive it to determine what you want to do to make it yours.

Cargo area. Birfield was repacked on driver by me and passenger hasn’t been torn down yet because driver wasn’t bad at all.

23BC71EC-89C3-4AA2-8E55-A29B0F7D44A8.jpeg

49D79668-A763-4190-A843-47136011A2FE.jpeg

3D3C82BF-9747-4A0B-8517-A35F05FF726B.jpeg

5F89C455-5B6D-4B07-B634-F75985A9C36B.jpeg

E32F5EFC-7F8A-4225-8D80-0146377F3CC1.jpeg

The heater core. That needs some love. I bypassed it last year and haven’t made it back in yet to fix.

Relic Run was a blast as usual. Buster ran very well. Apparently my speedometer is off. Waze had me at 78mph where the Speedomoter read 60mph. the 5 speed hovered between 2200-2500 rpm. Whole trip burnt 1/2 quart of oil. Vacuumed out the interior but left the North carolina mud for another day.

Still for sale. Planning on GSMTR in a few weeks. Someone give me a reason to drive my wife's 100 series instead.......

Individual coming to inspect Buster on Saturday. If no sale, Buster will be coming off the market to get a thorough cleaning and mechanical triple check. After that then it’s going to be listed on other web sites. The price will be going up exponentially due to having to buy copious amounts of turd polish.

Buster left my life today. I am sad, very sad. I thought a little time was supposed to go by before regret and remorse set in. I wish happy trails and grand memories for the family that brought him home. Godspeed and God bless. Oh, and if more of his crap shows up in the piles of cruiser crap I have I will be in touch. Send pictures of your grand adventures.

Travis.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom