SOLD 1982 FJ45 RHD (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hi all,

I'm heading off to graduate school and have decided to sell my FJ45 Land Cruiser. It is a 1982, in "breathe green". I purchased it from someone in North Carolina who told me it was originally from Indonesia, and made its way to Canada and then to North Carolina. I believe the frame may have been switched out as the frame VIN number starts with FJ40, someone probably modded an FJ40 frame and put an original FJ45 cab and bed on it.

It starts up like a champ but needs a clutch soon. It runs and will drive around the block. It has the original Toyota 2F straight-6 engine in it and a 3-speed on the floor. The body is in okay shape with a couple of rusty spots and the undercarriage looks good, only one spot has rusted through the panel completely on the back side panel (see picture) but other than that no other spots have cut through all the way that I am aware of, including the floor panels on the interior. I've put new tires and brakes on it, and it has had a new cylinder head and air injection system put on it to meet CO emission standards, and I have the original cylinder head (and a RHD power steering pump and alternator) if wanted. It's got about 482K KM on it. Please let me know if you have any other questions. I paid $13,500 for it and put about $5000 into it. Asking $12,000 for it but open to negotiate. I have more pictures too if needed.

IMG_7364.JPG

IMG_7347.JPG

IMG_7349.JPG

IMG_7356.JPG

IMG_7364.JPG

Last edited:
Does the vin start with fj45?

If the vin tags and frame both start with fj40 then someone chopped up a 40 to make a 45. I’ve come across others. Looks like they did a decent job. Good luck with sale.

If the vin tags and frame both start with fj40 then someone chopped up a 40 to make a 45. I’ve come across others. Looks like they did a decent job. Good luck with sale.
Gotcha, the frame VIN is an FJ40 but the cab looks original. Thanks for the help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom