Wanted 1982 FJ40 lower t-stat housing (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
i just took possession of an 82 FJ40 and with the last cold snap the lower thermostat housing cracked. Seems like a tough part to find, but any help is appreciated.

i just took possession of an 82 FJ40 and with the last cold snap the lower thermostat housing cracked. Seems like a tough part to find, but any help is appreciated.

Hello there

I HAVE a CHERRY Condition , Perfect in every way 1982 FJ40 Lower Thermostat housing Availble right now

FAST OVERNIGHT EXPRESS SHIPPING AVAILBLE TOO

EMERGENCY VEHICLE DOWN USPS LIGHTNING FAST LOW COST TOO

This is a USA-spec 40 ?

You might want to post a pic of the housing to make sure Matt can send you the right one. There are variations.

Last edited:
I Have the UPPER HOUSING NOS NEW , too ..............if u need it ?

I Can include ALL NEW Gaskets and the JAPAN SPEC. Latest Part # Mounting Bolts You See in the pics with the #8 stamped on the heads

DO NOT EVER USA ANYTHING BUT THESE #8 UPDATED BOLTS EVER ....bad things will happen like stripping and snap off issues ........fyi

1615267905216.png

#8 Stamped thermostats housing bolts from JAPAN , im fully stocked at all times from here forward .......

@Spike Strip :beer: :)

DSCN6992.JPG

Here’s a few more pics...
bottom of housing that broke off
DCDCD097-FF89-4B7E-9857-F160399377A5.jpeg

672D6223-8DAD-4B98-9B17-59D5223DB62B.jpeg

looking up into housing
3F8E4D18-6FF1-4D4A-A7C2-B0B93B4D8C43.jpeg
31467C9B-3106-48D9-92B8-35E0DF4999F4.jpeg
FEC74363-BAD6-4662-B175-8158E67FF712.jpeg

that is not a US spec unit, you can use the US ones but you will need to plug the sensor holes
did it get cold? hopefully there are no other issues
you may want to check the alternator mount as it looks angled
also want to change out the bypass hose

The one on your truck is not a USA-spec housing. The USA one looks like the one Matt posted, which you can use if you plug the holes. The one without the holes is gonna be a lot harder to find, here.

that is not a US spec unit, you can use the US ones but you will need to plug the sensor holes
did it get cold? hopefully there are no other issues
you may want to check the alternator mount as it looks angled
also want to change out the bypass hose
Yea got below freezing for a few days and was in the middle of a move so truck was sitting outside. Thanks for the info and help!

When you say, 'I just took Possession of a 1982 FJ40...' What does that mean? You bought it ?

Here’s a few more pics...
bottom of housing that broke off
View attachment 2608515
View attachment 2608516
looking up into housing
View attachment 2608519View attachment 2608521View attachment 2608524

- ok , i have completed my technical evaluation , here it is straight as i see it

- i don't sugar koat jack , so please listed up..........

- i know exactly why you has this outside the box failure , why , how , and who etc ....

- OK , here we go :

- you have installed a Low quality China made or worse upper and lower aftermarket housings kit , these are no longer sold thru DORMAN the made in china aftermarket KINGS of cheap low cost thermostat options parts for well cheap repair job scopes etc ..........

- so the upper one should be seriously considers for replace with a OEM part NEW of course ..........

- I have and keep ALL in-stock in a total package kit all needed hardware and parts no mods or trips to home depot ...

but thats your call on the upper , me i know the tech and also why none of that china housings are sold any more dangerous failure at critical mass point , total metallurgy in china is a JOKE at very best ...........

after all they infected the world with a flu from a cave bat , i got it and lived to tell the tail ...............Chinese land cruiser parts

should NEVER be a option ever ever ,

and now wall know why now don't we .

what if your sweet 2F over heated and blew up ?

who would loose all ? , sadly reality is you the new owner operator ............

please carefully review the above in detail and PM Me back for any further assistance and possible parts order to mend the failure at hand

kindly matt

this will be my final full recommendation .......

1615316984786.png

1615317013735.png

1615317042432.png

1615317078066.png

FIL bought it and dropped it off at my house and said fix it up. So now I’m here...

hi rodney , you do NOT want to touch or go near ANY used parts here on this repair , PERIOD

i would exercise some caution related to this topic ...................FYI

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom