1982 fj40 Crash test video (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

jbee

Thank God for the deserts
SILVER Star
Threads
Sorry if this was posted before, I could not find it.
Interesting crash test video of a 1982 FJ40.

Up until about 2:22, they do a pretty good walk around of the truck, including underneath.

I like that they used duct tape to attach the crash sensors on the spare tire.

There are many interesting spots in here, but 5:32 might be the best.

Man...I really didn't want to watch that, but it is a fascinating video. What was the point of turning it on it's side and upside down after the impact?

I wonder if it was to see if there were any gas leaks or otherwise?

Did anyone notice the parts like the fuel line and the gas tank skid plate that were painted blue-ish?

That Cruiser was then "Restored" and sold by that guy on ebay for $50000.:confused:

Why strap it to the rotisserie across the motor and through the doors instead of through the frame?

That was PAINFUL to watch--but very comforting to know that the rigs are pretty solid(but we all knew that anyway)--

Damn, looked like my 82 (before the horror) Pretty stout rig.

Good to know how tough these FJ40's are built. Looks like it could still be driven after the impact. I doubt any automobiles from this century would fare as well as this 40 did under the same circumstances. Sadly now I will think of this video every time a semi truck is riding my butt.... :cool:

Good to know how tough these FJ40's are built. Looks like it could still be driven after the impact. I doubt any automobiles from this century would fare as well as this 40 did under the same circumstances. Sadly now I will think of this video every time a semi truck is riding my butt.... :cool:

Don't get too excited, it doesn't matter what your car looks like after a crash it matters what you look like after a crash. If you look carefully at about the 3:30 mark you will see both the front seats collapse and the dummys actually hit the rear doors, if they were people they would not be in a good state after that.

Happy to say these old cruisers are like Mack trucks compared to every other car on the road these days. I'm a tow truck driver and see the worst of it everyday and I would rather be in any landcruiser when the poo hits the fan.

Happy to say these old cruisers are like Mack trucks compared to every other car on the road these days. I'm a tow truck driver and see the worst of it everyday and I would rather be in any landcruiser when the poo hits the fan.

Sure about that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom