1982 BJ44 Voltage Regulator..? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Could use a bit of help here.. Part # for my 24V regulator is 27700-57010, and the only replacement is a 27700-57080.. I was looking at a few threads, but by the time I got a new password, couldn't "re-find" them.. 1 guy ran into all kinds of trouble, so before I order something, I'd like to figure it all out a bit.. I know mine came from Japan in the 90's, and it's right hand drive with a 2b diesel.. Electric isn't my thing at all, so when the mechanic said I needed an alternator, I took him at his word.. After 6 months and no replacement, I took it to a guy to see if he could rebuild it, only to find it was fine.. He told me I probably needed a voltage regulator(only brought the starter to him).. Anyways, I saw something in the other threads about "round post" and "square post", and got a little lost.. There's 2 large wires and 2 small coming off mine, and they go to round plastic inline fuses... Is this what that referred to..? This is my first 24V vehicle, and my first diesel, so there's a pretty steep learning curve.. If I have to buy a part and adapt it, I'd like as much info as humanly possible..

Resized_20211003_110725(1).jpeg

ToyotaDrive.jpg

Could use a bit of help here.. Part # for my 24V regulator is 27700-57010, and the only replacement is a 27700-57080.. I was looking at a few threads, but by the time I got a new password, couldn't "re-find" them.. 1 guy ran into all kinds of trouble, so before I order something, I'd like to figure it all out a bit.. I know mine came from Japan in the 90's, and it's right hand drive with a 2b diesel.. Electric isn't my thing at all, so when the mechanic said I needed an alternator, I took him at his word.. After 6 months and no replacement, I took it to a guy to see if he could rebuild it, only to find it was fine.. He told me I probably needed a voltage regulator(only brought the starter to him).. Anyways, I saw something in the other threads about "round post" and "square post", and got a little lost.. There's 2 large wires and 2 small coming off mine, and they go to round plastic inline fuses... Is this what that referred to..? This is my first 24V vehicle, and my first diesel, so there's a pretty steep learning curve.. If I have to buy a part and adapt it, I'd like as much info as humanly possible..

View attachment 2810754

View attachment 2810755
You need to post this in the 40 Series section. Most of us in this section (80 Series) will be unable to help you.

@Romer can you pop this thread over to the 40 section?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom